£440k health bill for illegal immigrant

Mo

Should a health authority be liable for treating a person (wherever he/she comes from) who is here illegally, to the tune of £440,000. To add insult to injury he was travelling in a stolen car.

NE Lincolnshire Primary Care Trust have equated this amount to;

employing 9 GPs or

22 nurses or

600 cataract operations or

74 hip replacements

Is there any wonder extremist groups are rearing their ugly heads? This government gives them all the ammunition they need to get peoples support.

Shame nobody replied to this. Perhaps it is indefensible.

After I had started the thread my local newspaper was delivered and it was carrying an update on a local school teacher aged 25.

She had been suffereing for most of her life from Crohn's disease so severe that she was terminally ill. She needed a bone marrow transplant if she was to have any chance at all. Did the health authority stump up the £36,500 for treatment? It did not and it was left to her pupils at Eckington School who set to fund raising for her treatment.

A stark contrast to the treatment of the illegal asylum seeker.

Originally posted by Mo

Shame nobody replied to this. Perhaps it is indefensible.

No offence, but I think the majority of the forum is now bored about the issue of immigrants. As you probably know, it's a topic that has swamped this board over the last 3-4 months. Considering this is a General chat forum - it seems to be very focused on immigration and I think most people have made their views clear in one of the dozen or so existing topics.

In fact, I will close this thread and if you want to continue the discussion then please reply to one of the older threads. If you don't think that's fair then let me know and I can re-open it. I'm just trying to make this forum a little more 'general' again, so grouping together immigration related posts makes sense (to me at least!).

Archived