Shiraz, Abbeydale Road..name change ??

bslbabe

Hi,

There is a very recent and very good review on Trip Advisor, but the poster says it has changed it's name. (Can't recall it). Does anyone know if it is the same owner/chef. I haven't ever actually been but was planning a trip there on Saturday after a recommendation from a friend who ate there only a few months ago. There are no very recent reviews. Anyone know what's what ??

Thanks

I live near there. Yes, it's called Persepolis now. No idea if it's changed hands, I'm afraid but it was a good few months ago now - at least six, I'd say.

The annoying/crazy thing is that they don't have a menu on display. How on earth can they expect to get any trade that way?

We went about a year ago. We enjoyed it, but it wasn't so spectacular that we've been back since.

So, that's to say, it was good, but not so good as to be really memorable and entering the "must go back soon" list.

Bit of a strange change of name that though eh? from a familiar name like "Shiraz" to something that is harder to pronounce, remember or spell. Surely if they wanted to change the name from Shiraz they could have gone for something a bit simpler, like "Merlot" or "Cabernet Savignon" perhaps?

Anyway, just to point out - it's IRANIAN food. They call it "Persian" because it doesn't quite have the same negative connotations as IRAN.

awesome! we went couple of months ago and ordered a bit to much! next time we will skip the starter and go straight to the main course, which there was loads and loads,we where probably the only english in at the time as most where iranians etc so that speaks volumes about the quality of the food!!

Archived