Len McCluskey, should he be locked up for sedition?

Tony

Len McCluskey  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Len McCluskey

• Lock him up
    • He's bang on

Len McCluskey is calling for civil disobedience during the Olympics. by

Should he be locked up for incitement? Or should we all be able to enjoy once in a lifetime UK Olympics without a well paid union official dictating to us?

Good idea, 100% agree with him.

Should he be locked up for incitement? Or should we all be able to enjoy once in a lifetime UK Olympics without a well paid union official dictating to us?

As Chris said, neither.

The notion that special interest groups are not going to use the Olympic Games™ as a focus for action, demonstration and protest is a bit naive tbh.

It's going to be a temporary, tiny, police statelet around the games for their duration.

For peaceful civil disobedience? :confused:

I suppose all the reactionaries griping now would disagree with Emily Davision engaging in civil disobedience at a sporting event 100 years earlier to protest at women not having the vote

I'm not sure that Len is worried about anything so trivial as votes for women.

His civil disobedience suggestion is because he's after an extra £500 for train drivers to do their usual job while the Olympics happen to be on.

That's the point of the thread.

If he really means what he's suggesting, should he be locked up for sedition?

Should he be locked up even if he doesn't mean it?

Should Disasterous Dave be locked up for bullying people?

I suppose all the reactionaries griping now would disagree with Emily Davision engaging in civil disobedience at a sporting event 100 years earlier to protest at women not having the vote
Not quite on the money in context (as addressed by Tony in #44), but a reasonable point nonetheless.

Not quite on the money in context (as addressed by Tony in #44), but a reasonable point nonetheless.

But Emily Davidon's action was completely fruitless. The Suffragette movement achieved precisely nothing during the entirety of its existence; votes for women can only after, and only because of, the First World War necessitating that women go to work.

I don't think many people would argue that wantonly causing the death of an innocent horse is a good thing in any context,but certainly not in the context of a hopeless cause.

But Emily Davidon's action was completely fruitless. The Suffragette movement achieved precisely nothing during the entirety of its existence; votes for women can only after, and only because of, the First World War necessitating that women go to work.

I don't think many people would argue that wantonly causing the death of an innocent horse is a good thing in any context,but certainly not in the context of a hopeless cause.

Perhaps somebody should throw McCluskey under the Queens horse on Derby Day.

Archived