Today is St David's Day. Is anyone bothered?

IMO the only reason English Saint's days aren't made more of is because the PC Brigade thinks it will upset certain people such as Muslims etc, I said as much on air a few years back when I worked on HBS Radio, next thing I get an email from the Chairman saying I shouldn't have said it!

In which case you know you have said the right thing. Did you hear from any Muslims complaining?

but we dont get a day off for St George's day, neither does Wales for St David for that matter. Scotland get St Andrew's Day off though.

Do the Irish get St Pat's Day off? So they can sit in t'Pub supping copious amounts of Guinness?

IMO the only reason English Saint's days aren't made more of is because the PC Brigade thinks it will upset certain people such as Muslims etc

That being so, why were they never made much of in the enormous stretch of time before immigrants became a major factor - and why wouldn't the same reason that held true then, still be true now?

In which case you know you have said the right thing. Did you hear from any Muslims complaining?

Nope. and as far as I know nobody complained (cos contrary to what the committee thinks, no one listens to HBS Radio anyway) but that's beside the point, I was told it was a "racial slur, and offensive to people of other religions", would they have said owt if I had mentioned Jedis? :hihi:

IMO the only reason English Saint's days aren't made more of is because the PC Brigade thinks it will upset certain people such as Muslims etc, I said as much on air a few years back when I worked on HBS Radio, next thing I get an email from the Chairman saying I shouldn't have said it!

But you're also of the opinion that "Winterval" was created to please the same people, despite all evidence being against that, and even the main publisher of the story acknowledging it was incorrect.

Wonder why nobody is so proud do admit that their aunties cousins brothers stepmoms grandad is quarter Welsh and that somehow gives them the right to bang on about how Welsh they are like they do on St. Patricks day.

Why do they bang on about being Welsh on St Patricks Day?

Is it a new theme?

Archived