Is it ok to kill a newborn?

For who? the woman?, her husband?, her children?, The unborn child when it reaches and age when it ask questions of its adoptive parents?

Counselling throughout the pregnancy so the woman doesn't harm herself or her children?, maybe section her if the thought of carrying and giving birth to her rapist baby is too much?

All that on top of the trauma of the rape itself to her and her family.

You've not thought this through have you dear :roll:

Priceless. I like how you've included the future concerns of the "unborn child" in this sad but hyperthetical scenario, when thanks to people like you this unborn child is all to often not given the chance to even exist.

[/b]

Yes it has. Read up some of the symptoms of OCD.

With OCD the thoughts "intrude" meaning that these thoughts cannot be dismissed in a second as ludicrous and insane…

What specifically in this paper is ludicrous or insane?

Or is it just because it's a matter of ethics, and therefore philosophy, something you're not too keen on.

Maybe she is a marxist?

There is counciling of course, or even adoption; there are no end of people that offer these things.

So you would advocate a forced pregnany and birth to provide jobs for counsellors and babies for adopters?

Priceless. I like how you've included the future concerns of the "unborn child" in this sad but hyperthetical scenario, when thanks to people like you this unborn child is all to often not given the chance to even exist.

Oh dear! Where do I start?

My post is based on your doctrine of no abortion under any circumstances other than to protect the life of the mother.

I have not included the 'concern' of the 'unborn child', it's unborn it has no 'concerns'. I stated, hypothetically of course the, the emotional well being of a child when it reaches an age when it asks its adoptive parents where it comes from.

On another hypothetical note, I would imagine that the biological father has rights in your eyes?

Now that is priceless.

:huh:

I dont know where this sense of entitlement, for what is a discretionary surgical procedure, comes from; an abortion should only be allowed in an emergency, when it is highly likely the mother will die as a result of pregnancy/birth.

Edit: actually I do know where the sense of entitlement comes from - the far left, who dismiss the pro-life stance and Christian-right dogma, or bourgoise sentimentality.

It's not necessarily a surgical procedure at all, indeed most abortions aren't.

You can't 'disallow' people from doing things to their own body. It's not yours to say what they can and cannot do to it. That's where the sense of entitlement comes from, their body, their choice.

I was asked that earlier in the thread and my answer was yes, I would deny the woman an abortion; there are many options available to women in this situation.

I would say that you are in no position to allow or deny anything, unless it was your body in question.

So you would advocate a forced pregnany and birth to provide jobs for counsellors and babies for adopters?

People can choose to interpret it as a "forced pregnancy" all they like, but I see it as merely withdrawing the false entitlement to a discretionary medical procedure, which in the vast majority of cases is just being used as another form of contraception.

[/b]

Yes it has. Read up some of the symptoms of OCD.

With OCD the thoughts "intrude" meaning that these thoughts cannot be dismissed in a second as ludicrous and insane as they would in a person who is not OCD. With OCD these thoughts dont go away so easily and even though the person would never put these thoughts into practice under any circumstances nevertheless they can become obsessive to the point of causing extreme mental distress for a set period of time.

How do I know all this? My first wife suffered from OCD and it caused her long periods of depression and was the cause of our eventual separation.

The thoughts are not 'all thoughts about unpleasant things' which is what you are suggesting. OCD has nothing at all to do with this thread.

People can choose to interpret it as a "forced pregnancy" all they like, but I see it as merely withdrawing the false entitlement to a discretionary medical procedure, which in the vast majority of cases is just being used as another form of contraception.

You're not just talking about withdrawing the right to a free discretionary medical procedure though are you.

You're talking about making abortion illegal unless medically required. You are talking about taking away the choice of what to do to someones own body.

Archived