Is it ok to kill a newborn?

Let me rephrase it.

"Much of what we know of the human body's reaction to low temperatures …".

Is that a picture of Stalin i see flashing before my eyes.

If its a picture of you, I really do pity you. :hihi:

Are you moved by the "back street abortion" argument? Abortions happen anyway, whether they are legal or not. Better to help people gain access to safe clean healthcare than to send them to a butcher with a mucky knitting needle.

On the back street abortions, all you can do is reach out to people and put out the message that there are advice and support services for women in unwanted pregnancies; if women dont heed the advice or take advantage of these services and go ahead with a back street abortion anyway, frankly, as harsh as it sounds, thats their prerogative.

and as for the child, what do you think it would do to the psyche of the child when s/he finds out that the conception was a crime, rape, and not an act of love between the man and the woman?

At least the child can consider him/her self fortunate for being allowed to exist.

"Mommy, what was Daddy like?"

" He was ....

... the pure embodiment of evil."

What a lucky kid.

This is where I lament that the Forum doesn't have a "like" button!

On the back street abortions, all you can do is reach out to people and put out the message that there are advice and support services for women in unwanted pregnancies; if women dont heed the advice or take advantage of these services and go ahead with a back street abortion anyway, frankly, as harsh as it sounds, thats their prerogative.

that's just Bullsh! how can you say that a woman who dies as a result, deserves it for having a termination? what about other children she may have at home? they deserve not to have a mother, do they? or do they deserve to have a mother who dies a few months later as a complication of the pregnancy she was forced to continue, or kills herself for being forced to carry her rapists child?

Your callous response has me spitting blue lights! Gaaaah! *gnashes teeth*

that's just Bullsh! how can you say that a woman who dies as a result, deserves it for having a termination? what about other children she may have at home? they deserve not to have a mother, do they? or do they deserve to have a mother who dies a few months later as a complication of the pregnancy she was forced to continue, or kills herself for being forced to carry her rapists child?

Your callous response has me spitting blue lights! Gaaaah! *gnashes teeth*

Stop getting overexcited and putting words in my mouth - "dies as a result and deserves it" :roll:

"Dying as a complication of pregnancy"? I've already said abortions should be carried out in life or death situations for the mother due to complications of pregnancy.

We all wish back street abortions didn't happen, but as we know, they do take place, and because they are "back street" there's nothing that can be done to stop them happening.

Archived