Is it ok to kill a newborn?

As you say, that is one interpretation of the term eugenics. It was practised in America, too. (Including forced sterilisation etc)

The general principle of eugenics is to create some kind of master race, a race of perfection, where infirmities, impurities and "flaws" are eliminated by "Good Breeding". (She :gag:s)

The general principle of eugenics is to have healthy children who go on to have healthy children.

Which is better, a world where there are few, if any, hereditary diseases - or this one?

Eugenics aren't necessarily the great nazi evil so many people think of when they hear the word, because there are positives to things like pre-conceptive screening for hereditary diseases and so on.

No-one needs to die, be experimented on, be sterilised or aborted for eugenics to deliver real, tangible health benefits and savings.

Today's eugenics are about understanding the human genome, not weeding out "undesireables".

The general principle of eugenics is to have healthy children who go on to have healthy children.

Which is better, a world where there are few, if any, hereditary diseases - or this one?

Eugenics aren't necessarily the great nazi evil so many people think of when they hear the word, because there are positives to things like pre-conceptive screening for hereditary diseases and so on.

No-one needs to die, be experimented on, be sterilised or aborted for eugenics to deliver real, tangible health benefits and savings.

Today's eugenics are about understanding the human genome, not weeding out "undesireables".

Is this the new Fabian spin on it?

Screening for abnormalities and terminating if any found??!!? terminating if a couple cant afford it?!!?!!

You're disturbed.

I find your desire to force women to go through with a 9 month life changing and potentially life threatening pregnancy that they don't want to be disturbing. You're convinced that your moral position on the matter should be more important than the desires of the person actually involved, that's just wrong.

I find your desire to force women to go through with a 9 month life changing and potentially life threatening pregnancy that they don't want to be disturbing. You're convinced that your moral position on the matter should be more important than the desires of the person actually involved, that's just wrong.

In my view there should be no obligation on the state to terminate a fetus/baby (for non-medical emergency reasons) at a mothers request; if some people choose to interpret that as "forcing women to go through with an unwanted pregnancy" thats their prerogative.

In my view there should be no obligation on the state to terminate a fetus/baby (for non-medical emergency reasons) at a mothers request; if some people choose to interpret that as "forcing women to go through with an unwanted pregnancy" thats their prerogative.

I agree, if on demand abortion wasn't available, a continued pregnancy is no more forced than a person who eats and drinks is forced to defecate and urinate.

I agree, if on demand abortion wasn't available, a continued pregnancy is no more forced than a person who eats and drinks is forced to defecate and urinate.

Let us say then, that if on demand abortion is not available, then a person has no choice but to abort it via illegal methods, or to give birth to a child that they do not want.

How wonderful those options sound.

Let us say then, that if on demand abortion is not available, then a person has no choice but to abort it via illegal methods, or to give birth to a child that they do not want.How wonderful those options sound.

Ever heard of putting it up for adoption as yet another alternative ? :rolleyes:

Archived