Is it ok to kill a newborn?

How charming. There is no debate to be had with someone of your mindset who wishes to deny women the right to determine their own reproductive, sexual and mental health. Perhaps by an extension to your 'logic' you would also deny people treatment for STIs?

There's no debate to be had with those who wont accept that a fetus at any stage is a human life and that "its" (for want of a better word) right to live once it has been brought into existence, over-rides any inconvenience of its parents.

I'm just trying to gauge how far you take this. Is it wrong to take the morning-after pill? Is an IUD (coil) wrong?

To be perfectly honest with you I'm not an expert on how all the various forms controception work, but I would be against the ones that effectively terminate a human life once the process has started, which are distinct from, say, condoms, which are intended to prevent the process beginning.

If adoption is the alternative being suggested, then it's self evident isn't it?

Of course you can't find evidence for projections of what might happen, you can only use reason to estimate what will happen.

Not really, some may find that they quite like the idea of being a mother after giving birth, they may have family look after or adopt the child, some may find that they receive the help and support of family and friends which they never thought they would, some may find that they can cope much better than they imagined, for some it may simply mean putting the career on hold for a year.

Some may go into care, but what I`m asking is what evidence there is to suggest this would be proportional if abortion on demand was not available? It is not a given that each additional unwanted pregnancy would automatically result in an additional child in care if abortion laws were adhered to.

An unwanted pregnancy does not necessarily = an unwanted baby one it's born.

Archived