Boy banned from flying pirate flag

Funny thing about the article is they ocured the name and address on the letter, presumable for privacy concerns.. yet 2 lines underneath in big bold letters is the address again! And the article list their names.. :roll:

Just to say, it was only till a couple of years ago you couldn't raise a pole/flag at all in your garden without planning permission. There were a whole litany of complaints during various football tournaments when the George Cross was often seen flying. They have since made exceptions to the national flags, and the Union flag.

Is it possible to get them on a technicality? Techincally, he's erected a rod and flag...not a flag and pole :P

Its just some jobsworth gone to the extreme, according to one paper the only flags that are allowed to be flown without permission in this country are, National country/E.U. & U.N flags, Would the council be as quick to jump on some imigrants child flying a flag of their own country, somehow I dont think so. And before anyone replies to this question there is no racism intended.

Political Correctness gone mad IMO! :loopy:

But then I've been saying for years that the PC Brigade needs to shut up.

Yeah, but to be fair you've been banging on about fancying Wilma Flintstone for years too - and she's as fictional as the PC brigade too.

Its just some jobsworth gone to the extreme, according to one paper the only flags that are allowed to be flown without permission in this country are, National country/E.U. & U.N flags, Would the council be as quick to jump on some imigrants child flying a flag of their own country, somehow I dont think so. And before anyone replies to this question there is no racism intended.
Yeah, I mean, I'm really...really...REALLY finding it impossible to figure out who actually would be offended by this, I mean, surely someone must have reported it? Or some council fella was walking by one day and saw it, but how can it offend someone so much, it must be reported? lol

Archived