Boy banned from flying pirate flag

To be honest pirates have never been the same since Captain Pugwash, Master Bates, Seaman Staines, and Roger the Cabin Boy.

All this talk of rods and polls is probably the reason the council thought the flag should come down.

That and the armed Somalian boat lurking nearby.

I'm very suprised at a Conservative run council behaving like this.

They have no choice. It's illegal to fly such a flag without planning permission; once a complaint has been made they are obliged, by law, to make the family aware of that fact.

They've done what they can, by making clear in their letter that although they are required to tell his family to take the flag down, they will not be taking any further action. (In other words, if you ignore this letter you will not get in trouble!) They've also requested that the government look again at planning law in relation to flags.

Does this mean I could technically complain about the several flags that the house has flying outside their house at page hall which just happen to be of an asian origin which one im not sure.

It would probably get you just about as far. The council would be obliged to send a letter informing the occupant that they are in breach of planning law, but they almost certainly wouldn't do anything about it.

Does this mean I could technically complain about the several flags that the house has flying outside their house at page hall which just happen to be of an asian origin which one im not sure.

And the grounds for your complaint would be what exactly?

Archived