Boy banned from flying pirate flag

In the Sun newspaper today it says that the council has relented and are now allowing him to fly the flag. It also states (quote: after we ran the story yesterday) why does this paper allways try to take the credit for things when other papers also ran the story, its not just this story but also many others thay try to take credit for when something is reversed after being published.

It mentioned advertising in one of the reports I read, just what is a skull and crossbones flag advertising?:confused:

Piracy.... doh

This law has existed for as long as I can remember. Why has it only just now become an indicator of insanity?

Because it's being used to pick on a little boy playing pirate.

I'd stick the rods up to the council and erect another flying banner.

When they say "sorry but you have to take it down your underwear" I'd respond with "That's just pants, is it an emergency"?

Yeah, but to be fair you've been banging on about fancying Wilma Flintstone for years too - and she's as fictional as the PC brigade too.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

That is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo harsh.

But damn it, WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON!!!!:D

Coincidentally this as just been released;

Flying Flags

It will be easier for people to fly the flags of their choice under Dept for Communities proposals to liberalise the current flag-flying regime, within which only specified flags can be flown without permission - which can incur a fee of up to £335.

In addition to making it easier for people to fly the flags of football and cricket clubs and towns and villages, the deregulation would also benefit communities wishing to fly regimental flags or flags celebrating environmental and other awards.

Details about the proposed changes to the regulations and which flags will be allowed without planning permission are set out in "Liberalising the regime for flying flags: Discussion Paper"

This is available at http://tinyurl.com/bizinf-6g107

Views to be submitted by 30th March

Archived