Overstepping the mark.

While demonstrating to a number of students I put the object I was demonstrating to a student's ear for them to listen to a 'click' that the object made. Said object made the 'click' to which I said; "did you hear that?", to which the girl responded; "no". I then said; "are you deaf or something?" and the girl responded by nodding her head. I went :blush: and quickly carried on with the demonstration.

Wounded!:hihi:

No apology? :o

No because she had a smile on her face when she nodded so I initially thought she might be joking. It was only a little later when I saw a deaf aid in one ear that I realised she wasn't joking. I'd put the object to her other ear which was totally deaf I found out later. :blush::blush::blush:

I am expert at putting my foot in my mouth :(

I am also very good at engaging mouth before brain gets into action,especially when my danders up.

I feel terrible when i have calmed down but once the words are out there is no getting them back.

Tact is not one of my strong points :(

Look, just send a PM to TrashyBlonde with a linky to this thread, and be done with it already :hihi:

You lot need to get over this thing with TrashyBlonde.

I like nice women, women with a decent brain and a good personality. From reading her posts, trust me we wouldnt get along.

I drop myself in it ALL of the time! I don't mean to and it's never meant maliciously, but somehow (especially with certain people) my mouth just sort of...runs away with me. I've come to realise it's just the person I am. People who know me take it with a pinch of salt now :D

Did someone mention Moi ? MrMoran you have said nothing to remotely upset or shock me (I have heard far worse)

What does 'tick' me off though is when people do things that affect you without even explaining their actions. That is lower than a snakes belly :nono:

Are you still up for Sunday night MrMoran ? I hope that you are not all shirt and no trousers ;)

No because she had a smile on her face when she nodded so I initially thought she might be joking. It was only a little later when I saw a deaf aid in one ear that I realised she wasn't joking. I'd put the object to her other ear which was totally deaf I found out later. :blush::blush::blush:

And if you really want to get it right when talking to or about deaf people, I suggest you use the term 'hearing aids'. ;)

I do think she might have warned you though. :(

When gulf war first started my friends husband (now ex) said he was going to volunteer so I sent him his call up papers complete with a street map of Addis Ababa which was a sheet of sandpaper and an offer of 0% finance from D C Cooks on the all new H-registered Challenger tank. I have to admit the envelope did look quite official. It went down like a lead balloon and they took nark for quite a few days:roll::roll::hihi::hihi:

I then said; "are you deaf or something?" and the girl responded by nodding her head.

One night we were all gathered round the TV when a sex scene came on. Mortified at watching it with my nan, I turned to her and, trying to joke, put my hands over her eyes, saying 'cover your eyes nan, you can't see this', forgetting that she had bad glaucoma which she was very upset and sensitive about. I could literally feel the cringes from everyone and the silence was deafening......

Archived