How to get hold of large quantities of apples cheap

I`ve got a mate who has already done it with a mix 0f different apples. I`ve tried a couple of the big supermarkets with no success. Are there any orchards in sheffield? I thought of asking them

Apples tend to be in season around September.

I'm involved in a cider making gang with my neighbours. We have a large heavy cropping tree in our garden and also get apples from friends, colleagues and from just knocking on doors where we see apple trees. We've got around a hundred gallons on the go from last autumn. We racked it off and had a taste last weekend. Very promising indeed...

Elderflower wine's easy and fun to make . You can buy sachets of dried elderflowers from Brewmart at Woodseats . There's a great beginners' guide , First Steps In Winemaking by C.J.J. Berry , loads of easy recipes !

Remember , for every 75cl bottle of wine you buy in the supermarket , the Government gets £1.19 in duty ......

Archived