What will you miss most about Meggo?

Stockers

I was responding to Scooby, wasn't aware he'd made an official statement.

Yes mate, no doubt the full thing will be printed in the Star tomorrow (I am assuming that Calendar just read a bit of it out), he said he was saddened, etc., and that he would like to think he could come back at some point in the future and finish the job he had barely started.

Something along those lines, as I said, I would imagine it would be in the Star tomorrow for anyone interested (but don't lynch me if they don't print it, this is the Star after all)

Megson's tongue in cheek comments about being 'The Man City of League 1' etc have all been jumped on and juggled with by United's fans, exactly the same as the Wednesday are 'MASSIVE' comment has been.

He calls himself 'Gorgeous Gary Megson' on the 'Hit The Bar' challenge, so on that basis, Blades think Meggo thinks he's better looking than Brad Pitt or summat.

Gorgeous Gaz, I ask yer? :hihi:

Meggo knows it's a big club, which, run properly over the last 20 years or so, would hardly have been relegated from the Prem, and definitely wouldn't have stooped so low as the 3rd tier. He loves the club, the fans, the stadium, in fact everything about the club. That's one thing I'll rmember most, and miss most about GG leaving.

He's passionate about the club, and always will be. The club will still be here in one form or another after Mandaric has gone, and that's the club GG and us will still love and support.

4 points out of 6 against the S2 massive will linger on the memory for a few months as well, until the next time we meet in fact.

Ill miss the fact that we had a manager who loves the club as much as the supporters,and he is sueing mm for tapping up another manager,not his beloved club.And before anyone says it mm is not the club.

The reality is mm is Sheffield Wednesday 2011, get use to it.

Megson's tongue in cheek comments about being 'The Man City of League 1' etc have all been jumped on and juggled with by United's fans, exactly the same as the Wednesday are 'MASSIVE' comment has been.

He calls himself 'Gorgeous Gary Megson' on the 'Hit The Bar' challenge, so on that basis, Blades think Meggo thinks he's better looking than Brad Pitt or summat.

Gorgeous Gaz, I ask yer? :hihi:

Meggo knows it's a big club, which, run properly over the last 20 years or so, would hardly have been relegated from the Prem, and definitely wouldn't have stooped so low as the 3rd tier. He loves the club, the fans, the stadium, in fact everything about the club. That's one thing I'll rmember most, and miss most about GG leaving.

He's passionate about the club, and always will be. The club will still be here in one form or another after Mandaric has gone, and that's the club GG and us will still love and support.

4 points out of 6 against the S2 massive will linger on the memory for a few months as well, until the next time we meet in fact.

First point (highlighted) - It might be all you have to think about come the end of the season! :hihi:

Second point, on a serious note, you could change the name Megson for the name Warnock about our club. I am not sure if it is a help or a hindrance at times, but nice to see some passion.

Taking money out of the club you love though, where is the romance of him being an Owl through and through.

Come on Stockers, Warnock left you lot under an enormous Sean Bean shaped cloud, but Warnock still loves the club.

If United unfairly treated a manager, they would fight the present owner/chairman tooth and nail to prove a point, and that's what Megson has to do (if he was unfairly treated, that is).

If Meggo opened his trap and said or did summat he maybe shouldn't have done, and broke some contractual/disciplinary type rule, and it was a sacking offence, then he deserved it and MM would be left with no choice.

Sacking someone because you (or your mate) don't get on with them, is not an acceptable reason.

But, like they say, what do you do, replace the owner and his Chief Exec, or change the manager?

No contest.

Come on Stockers, Warnock left you lot under an enormous Sean Bean shaped cloud, but Warnock still loves the club.

If United unfairly treated a manager, they would fight the present owner/chairman tooth and nail to prove a point, and that's what Megson has to do (if he was unfairly treated, that is).

If Meggo opened his trap and said or did summat he maybe shouldn't have done, and broke some contractual/disciplinary type rule, and it was a sacking offence, then he deserved it and MM would be left with no choice.

Sacking someone because you (or your mate) don't get on with them, is not an acceptable reason.

But, like they say, what do you do, replace the owner and his Chief Exec, or change the manager?

No contest.

Supposedly, one of the things that got them both bickering behind the scenes was that GM publicly had a go at Huddersfields chairman for getting shut of Lee Clarke when Udders were fourth. Town's chairman called Mandaric and asked him to have a word, which he did and I heard that Megson had a go at him for siding with the chairman of a rival club and not his own manager. Fair point.

Archived