What will you miss most about Meggo?

Stockers

Over to our experts on all things Megson and Wednesday, Stockers and Ridgewalk ...... give me strength .... you didn't have much to say after last Sunday though eh ....... 2nd in League 1 and still plagued by your rivals ...... sad and bitter in my opinion ..... you should concentrate on getting behind your own team, your support last Sunday was shocking :D

You would swop places with us, thats for sure, and slaging off our support on Sunday , lol without biting at your claims of "shocking support", you Owls are claiming we were quiet, yet Meggo (god bless him) heard us us fine, in fact fair play to him he joined in the banter on several occasions. The numptys in the left hand stand heard us fine as well, they were not so friendly ! lol...some very childish 17s year old doing a tango !! well for 5 mins before they got cold and covered up !! now that was poor ;)

Taking in to account he (Megson)was likely to already have known his fate, he still showed he had a job to do, and seemed to enjoy himself.

You would swop places with us, thats for sure, and slaging off our support on Sunday , lol without biting at your claims of "shocking support", you Owls are claiming we were quiet, yet Meggo (god bless him) heard us us fine, in fact fair play to him he joined in the banter on several occasions. The numptys in the left hand stand heard us fine as well, they were not so friendly ! lol...some very childish 17s year old doing a tango !! well for 5 mins before they got cold and covered up !! now that was poor ;)

Taking in to account he (Megson)was likely to already have known his fate, he still showed he had a job to do, and seemed to enjoy himself.

Swap places in the league yes, I wouldn't swap support though :D

The support Wednesday have had most of my football supporting life, and that takes me back to the 70s :thumbsup:

Ah i go back further than you lol, and respect every genuine supporter, what ever the club.

Am sure you would agree , both clubs have a fickle , part time base, never has that been shown so strong as on Sunday, any truth the club supplied a map and song sheet for ticket applicants for the derby :)

Swap places in the league yes, I wouldn't swap support though :D

United blind Wednesday in vociferous, intimidating noise.

Wednesday have great fans though, dont get me wrong.

Just cant create that same atmosphere.

Bigger, more open ground, plus that stupid band, probably to blame.

Ah i go back further than you lol, and respect every genuine supporter, what ever the club.

Am sure you would agree , both clubs have a fickle , part time base, never has that been shown so strong as on Sunday, any truth the club supplied a map and song sheet for ticket applicants for the derby :)

Wednesday have always had that pulling power for big games, and you will remember Uniteds heady days going up to Division 1 in 1971 and the couple of seasons that followed, big crowds against Cardiff, Watford then when you had visits from Man U, Leeds, Tottenham, Chelsea etc .... your lot are certainly no different LB, you won't get a submission from me, I remember back to my first visit to Hillsborough as youngster in 1968.

United blind Wednesday in vociferous, intimidating noise.

Wednesday have great fans though, dont get me wrong.

Just cant create that same atmosphere.

Bigger, more open ground, plus that stupid band, probably to blame.

What happened last Sunday then ?

I don't agree, it's all about occasions and in the last 10 years or so United probably have had more cup runs, big games etc .... but you can't tell me your lot are vociferous for games like Scunthorpe on a Wednesday night :suspect:

Wednesday have always had that pulling power for big games, and you will remember Uniteds heady days going up to Division 1 in 1971 and the couple of seasons that followed, big crowds against Cardiff, Watford then when you had visits from Man U, Leeds, Tottenham, Chelsea etc .... your lot are certainly no different LB, you won't get a submission from me, I remember back to my first visit to Hillsborough as youngster in 1968.

NOW we are talking, early 70s, but i have posted many times about both clubs great support, and again yes the part timer eliment is at both clubs.

As a supporter, the part timers do grate a little, glory hunters causing queues in the local pubs, queues at the ground and as for getting a half time pie !!

I admit too the 30,000 owls made some noise, but i bet health and safety had their fingers crossed whn you started bouncing up and down ;)

One way to keep warm at a rubbish match i thought.

13,000 a week after a 49,000 gate. Shows two things, fickle and obsessed with United. Spoken to 3 Wendys since Sunday and all they've said is "we've won t'derby that's all that matters" Sounds like a rationalisation to me. Plus they all say it with Baaaarnsley accents :hihi:

I've seen one or two derby games by the way

Me too. The ones I remember best beat the BDM easy for gates.

1960 FA Cup 6th Round at Bramall Lane

Blades 0-2 Owls 61,180 Wednesday had two shots on goal.

1993 FA Cup Semi at Wembley

Blades 1-2 Owls 75,364 In fairness United never stood a chance against that Wednesday side once Mr Woolhouse had got it switched from Elland Road to Wembley. (Thanks again Paul wherever you are)

Archived