Half of adults cant do primary maths

Should be maths AT primary level. Many people can't do english grammar either.

It's a fact that Sheffield Council's Education Department turn out some of the thickest people on the planet. Then they elect one of their own to run the council. No wonder we are in the state we are.

Half of the adult population cannot do maths of primary level.

There may also be a similar problem with literacy ...... especially as the report that has been highlighted actually refers to numeracy which is only a small building block of 'maths'.

Many adults may have the better levels of numeracy skills but could still struggle with some of the maths, but that is not what the report is saying.

Fair play James G-now for something more challenging.

If it takes three men four days to dig a hole.how long would it take twelve men to dig half a hole?

Why is it that you always have questions but never any answers. can't you solve anything ?.

Why is it that you always have questions but never any answers. can't you solve anything ?.

As Confucius said, a wise man asks the questions but a fool supplies the answers.You can never have a wrong question,but wrong answers are frequent.

2%? I am in my 50s and maths has always been the bane of my life. I really struggle with figures. I honestly believe I have the equivalent of dyslexia but with numbers rather than letters.

You're not on your own, I'm exactly the same. I think I must be number blind or summat.

Archived