Half of adults cant do primary maths

:confused::idea: The square on the hypotonuse is equal to the sum of the squares on the other two sides in a right angled triangle.

WRONG, an indian chief called bonkalot married three squars, they all lived in different tepees, one slept on a hippopotomus skin, one slept on an elk skin and one slept on a deer skin.

The squar on the hippopotomus skin had two children whilst the other two squars only one each which shows that the squar on the hippopotomus was equal to the squars on the other two hides.:banana::clap::banana::clap:.

Pythagarus, what a brave man he was.:D

WRONG, an indian chief called bonkalot married three squars, they all lived in different tepees, one slept on a hippopotomus skin, one slept on an elk skin and one slept on a deer skin.

The squar on the hippopotomus skin had two children whilst the other two squars only one each which shows that the squar on the hippopotomus was equal to the squars on the other two hides.:banana::clap::banana::clap:.

Pythagarus, what a brave man he was.:D

:hihi::hihi: I bow to your superior knowledge:love:

:hihi::hihi: I bow to your superior knowledge:love:

I am probably just an idiot like you :roll::love:

We should bring this to a close as I have put more coke on the fire and replying to these comments are making me perspire when I never have done before. :))))))))))))))))))).

I watched a quiz this week and the question was where was the 'mode' - well I had never been taught about 'mode' - it seemed the answer was where the same number appeared more than once in a sequence of other number which appeared once i.e. 234567889 so 8 was the mode

I watched a quiz this week and the question was where was the 'mode' - well I had never been taught about 'mode' - it seemed the answer was where the same number appeared more than once in a sequence of other number which appeared once i.e. 234567889 so 8 was the mode

Mode is just an average. Median and mean are another two types of average.

Mode is just an average. Median and mean are another two types of average.

Indeed.

Don't you think that in an age of data and statistics people should know there are different ways of calculating an average which all give different results and can be used to manipulate results.

As far as I'm aware it's not part of the modern curriculum, but it should be.

They just make stuff up to make them feel superior.

We were taught that the entry chambers to the heart were called the auricles, now they are called the atriums.

I saw paxo a while ago sack a team on University Chalenge, because they answered auricle, to this question.

They had to bring them back to give them another go, because of this lack of knowledge, on the question setters behalf.

Archived