Homebase targets the 'Sheds with Beds' market

I'd rather live in a shed than a HMO.

Shipping containers are an ideal way for the youth to use to house themselves, such is the state of housing in the UK.

Housing benefit gravy train can't go on forever...

I saw a program about ten years ago where a clever designer had suggested using containers as the building sections for houses and he'd actually built one. Each container could be kitted out and then simply put together making a slightly zany but very comfortable dwelling. I liked the idea that the house could be enlarged easily by adding more containers or it could be dismantled and moved rather easily as well.

I'd rather live in a shed than a HMO.

Shipping containers are an ideal way for the youth to use to house themselves, such is the state of housing in the UK.

Housing benefit gravy train can't go on forever...

Not if sanitation is of any importance (which it is)

There is a company creating temporary 'hotels' out of prefab shipping container units, for staff for the London Olympics; I heard that one of these will be installed in Hyde Park; This is one business idea that I would invest in if I have any spare money in the future; a 'shipping container hotel' would be ideal accommodation for temporary workers on everything from research and conservation projects to construction work to seasonal agricultural work...

Archived