Privatising the Police

Guest sibon
have you considered asking if he got the car as part of his role, or did you just assume it was provided foc? (it wont be btw, he will be paying part of his salary for it and be taxed on the mileage allowance etc accordingly, if it is indeed a car provided for essential users). it may just be that he earns decent money and bought a decent car, like many people aspire to. :)

Probably the latter.

Or he might have another source of income that allows him to buy a nice car. Why criticise a bloke for being able to afford nice things?

Probably the latter.

Or he might have another source of income that allows him to buy a nice car. Why criticise a bloke for being able to afford nice things?

It was owned by the Police. I repeat my question, why does a Police force NEED a BMW 7 series?

If the answer is that they need fast cars then why not get them a Ferrari?

Cameron got in to power on the back of the 'Broken Britain' crap.

What has he done to repair this?

I think his work up to now is very dubious.

I disagree, I find him and his government quite positive, the NHS reforms, the introduction of private organisations into Policing. The driving down of costs in a ridiculously wasteful public service.

All good stuff . Keep it up Dave.

It was owned by the Police. I repeat my question, why does a Police force NEED a BMW 7 series?

If the answer is that they need fast cars then why not get them a Ferrari?

that'd be really cool - a rozzer ferrari!

nee naw - nee naw

Probably the latter.

I celebrate anyones good fortune or reward for hard work and do not in any way resent a person driving such a car.

Except when i am paying for it. As the vehicle is paid for out of public funds they should use a Skoda.:|:|

No the Chief Inspector told me.

seriously? did they tell you how it was funded? if its used for a high ranking officer for official functions and is declared etc then within reason, so what?

many many people in govt (including mr cameron who you admire) swan round in cars worth much more than a 7 series bmw. whats your stance on that, if its not ok for the police to do so,why should the PM and other offiicals use vehicles? surely they should have a bus pass given your reasoning?

seriously? did they tell you how it was funded? if its used for a high ranking officer for official functions and is declared etc then within reason, so what?

many many people in govt (including mr cameron who you admire) swan round in cars worth much more than a 7 series bmw. whats your stance on that, if its not ok for the police to do so,why should the PM and other offiicals use vehicles? surely they should have a bus pass given your reasoning?

In my opinion, the purchase of such a car for the use of a middle rank Police Officer is a gross misuse of public funds.

Nothing you or other apologists for the wasting of taxpayers money has yet said has addressed the issue.

Actually you make a valid point, where public transport can be used it should be.

Archived