Will British cease to be a Christian nation..

Wex, no matter how much you dislike it, the simple concrete fact here is that if you don't have a belief in God, you are an atheist.

And FYI just because some interpretations of buddhism have no gods involved, that doesn't mean that atheism is connected to theism. At all.

I would say you are then ignoring peoples claims to suit your own agenda. I can put down I am a member of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster on official papers and you have no right to disregard what I claim. That's is our right and no one can simply disregard it on their own say so.

But if people's claims to be Christian are false or misguided then you DO have a right to challlenge them.

Saying you are a Christian on a form does not make you one. Nor does accepting a broadly Christian ethical framework. Nor does appreciating and wanting to preserve the influence Christianity has had on our art, literature, culture, etc. Nor does being raised in the presence of lots of other 'Christians'. Nor does going to the occasional church wedding or Christingle service.

There are plenty of people who define themselves as Christians because one or more of the above applies to them, but they are NOT Christians.

The only thing that can make a person a Christian is accepting Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior.

Christian theology and doctrine is very clear about that point - in fact it's just about the only thing that all the various denominations and sects, and all the major Christian philosophers and theologians, agree on!

If you don't have that personal relationship with Jesus Christ then, no matter what you chose to call yourself, you are NOT a Christian.

Archived