Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

Nor is rape, or burglary. Let's legalise them - save a fortune on Policing, and free the rights of burglars and rapists to do what they want to do.

Comparing rape and burglary to smoking weed is idiotic. A pot smoker doesn't harm anyone directly by using the drug.

Pot smokers, on the whole, are a peaceful, passive type of person. Smoking weed doesn't make you violent.

It's unless to say that people should just stop smoking weed. It's never going to happen. Not in a million years.

Nor is rape, or burglary. Let's legalise them - save a fortune on Policing, and free the rights of burglars and rapists to do what they want to do.

Rape and burglary wreak terrible damage on people's lives.

Arthur Bloggs growing a bit of weed and getting high in his own home hurts no-one. Surely a man of your intellectual calibre can appreciate the difference?

If they can find a way to tax it then it will be legalised.

As it is at the moment it can be home produced and therefore defrauds the taxation system - after all if you are smoking a joint then your are not consuming the ciggys.

You are of course ok with the ciggys .. just as long as the duty has been paid of course.

Currently a lot of people are kept in jobs by weed's illegality, the growers, the dealers, the police, the prison officers, the court officials. It is a massive industry. And the state can seize the assets of people involved in it's trade.

It could easily be taxed, if it was grown by the state and sold by the state, and the money raised was used for public good. Most pot heads would like to buy that weed. Because they could then say their "relaxation improved the nation!".

Rape and burglary wreak terrible damage on people's lives.

Arthur Bloggs growing a bit of weed and getting high in his own home hurts no-one. Surely a man of your intellectual calibre can appreciate the difference?

But then you have to think where the plants came from that threw the seeds that Arthur Bloggs is growing and where the money went that originally bought the seeds that grew the plant that threw the seeds that Arthur Bloggs is growing,you see its not that clear cut is it.

there is nothing unjust about it in the slightest

if drug users obeyed the law then there would be no unnecessary suffering and no burden on the police and prison service.

If you are happy to live in such a society then why don't you apply for citizenship in North Korea?

It's not just cannabis smokers that break the law on a regular basis. Do you think cars should be limited to a 70mph top speed? People download music illegally. Cyclists using the pavement is against the law.

I certainly don't want to be part of your ideal law abiding utopian society. I believe in freedom.

If you are happy to live in such a society then why don't you apply for citizenship in North Korea?

It's not just cannabis smokers that break the law on a regular basis. Do you think cars should be limited to a 70mph top speed? People download music illegally. Cyclists using the pavement is against the law.

I certainly don't want to be part of your ideal law abiding utopian society. I believe in freedom.

So why do you live in this country ? youre not free here,more free than north Korea I grant you but still not free

But then you have to think where the plants came from that threw the seeds that Arthur Bloggs is growing and where the money went that originally bought the seeds that grew the plant that threw the seeds that Arthur Bloggs is growing,you see its not that clear cut is it.

It's perfectly legal to purchase cannabis seeds.

Archived