Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

Paul McCartney John Lennon, all the Beatles and almost every musician from the 60's and 70's.

Johnny Depp

Jeff Bridges

Robert Downey Jr

Jack Nicholson

Dennis Hopper

I smoke weed every now and then and have a successful career.

There's many more that I could list, but I'm getting sick of typing now.

Musicians and actors are no heroes to me. The Beatles in particular were crapheads. They were the musical idols of gullible teenagers all over the world and had the power and influence to serve as role models for a whole generation of youngsters. Instead they passed the message that drugs were cool and even wrote a song or two about them. The Beatles may not have graduated to harder drugs as the years went by but millions did.

In many ways they and other groups such as the Stones etc were the founding fathers of the drug culture, a culture that even today is a major problem in society.

The acceptance of drugs as a lifestyle has created misery and death all over the world. Do you have any idea how many people have died in the Mexican drug wars alone? And all because coke sniffers, pot heads, crack addicts in the US supply a ready market for drugs smuggled across the border.

I've no time for drunks or anyone who smokes pot or does drugs of any kind even on a casual basis. I could tell you another story about a bulldozer operator who was high on pot and almost killed two of his fellow workers. He was initially thought to be drunk but after submitting to a urine test it was found to be otherwise.

Employers are quite right in requiring all job applicants to undergo tests for booze and drug use prior to employment and mandating random on the spot checks for same after employment.

I wouldnt want any of them near me on a work site.

If cannabis were to be leagized it would just another headache for police to deal with and long suffering parents to try to keep their kids away from. God only knows responisble parents have enough work keeping them off binge drinking and tobacco use already

You'll need to do better than just cite one individual (Richard Branson) as an example that use of cannabis in no way affects personal ambition.

Then you'll accept that you need to do better than cite three anecdotal cases to support your "delayed memory loss" theory, I'm certain.

Apparently not.

Musicians and actors are no heroes to me

If cannabis were to be leagized it would just another headache for police to deal with and long suffering parents to try to keep their kids away from. God only knows responisble parents have enough work keeping them off binge drinking and tobacco use already

I'm surprised at you being such an enthusiast for the nanny state to be honest. What happened to freedom of choice? Life is full of dangers.

Let the risks be known without scaremongering or sugar coating, and let people make their own decision. Not everyone is going to run people over in their bulldozer after a lunchtime bong or mow down a group of schoolchildren in their Humvee after a few margheritas. (Or shoot up a bunch of Canadian soldiers whilst high on stimulants).

It happens, not often but it does, because people made the wrong choices. That's what happens if we allow people choice, they mess up - occasionally. But the vast majority (you and I) do not.

The other avenue is to not allow them choice.

Which route, on the face of it, is more desireable?

Apparently not.

I'm surprised at you being such an enthusiast for the nanny state to be honest. What happened to freedom of choice? Life is full of dangers.

Let the risks be known without scaremongering or sugar coating, and let people make their own decision. Not everyone is going to run people over in their bulldozer after a lunchtime bong or mow down a group of schoolchildren in their Humvee after a few margheritas. (Or shoot up a bunch of Canadian soldiers whilst high on stimulants).

It happens, not often but it does, because people made the wrong choices. That's what happens if we allow people choice, they mess up - occasionally. But the vast majority (you and I) do not.

The other avenue is to not allow them choice.

Which route, on the face of it, is more desireable?

The nanny state? :huh: Got it wrong there alright. IMO drunks and dope heads should be left to die in the sreet. That's about freedom of choice. You makes the choice and pays the consequences. No one owes you a cure or rehab.

I was speaking from the point of view of a person who spent his life working on building sites.

If I was helping to load a ton of stuff onto a platform to be raised by a crane and the operator showed up smelling of booze or all stupid faced from a joint I'd have kicked his ass from here to kingdom come.

If I was helping to load a ton of stuff onto a platform to be raised by a crane and the operator showed up smelling of booze or all stupid faced from a joint I'd have kicked his ass from here to kingdom come.

Quite right.

IMO drunks and dope heads should be left to die in the sreet

What if on his week off, your crane op and colleague was drunk?

Originally posted by mafya

Right now I'm smoking some Bluecheese and relaxing at home.

Bluecheese is a cross breed of blueberry skunk weed crossed with cheese skunk weed.

Is this forum OK with posts like this?? :confused::help::huh::suspect:

Archived