Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

Shoot me down because I cannot give figures but it seems that around where I live there has been a major increase in the youth 13 - 16 year olds that are smoking weed. This seemed to come about when the Government re-classified cannabis from class b to class c. (Smart move... not !) I do not mind adults smoking it, I hate the smell of it though ! but I do feel that a lot of kids educations are being squandered by smoking 'Bud'. It cannot be good for their ability to concentrate on what school is trying to teach them.

Shoot me down because I cannot give figures but it seems that around where I live there has been a major increase in the youth 13 - 16 year olds that are smoking weed. This seemed to come about when the Government re-classified cannabis from class b to class c. (Smart move... not !) I do not mind adults smoking it, I hate the smell of it though ! but I do feel that a lot of kids educations are being squandered by smoking 'Bud'. It cannot be good for their ability to concentrate on what school is trying to teach them.

It also seems It's a lot easier to get weed than drink nowadays if you're underage

It also seems It's a lot easier to get weed than drink nowadays if you're underage

Too true fruitisbad (love that name) If you take a walk on the Westfield estate near Mosborough every group of kids seems to be huddled around the one person 'knocking' a 'reefer' up or you can smell the skunk as you get close to them. I have seen police cars drive past kids as young as 13 that are smoking weed and make no attempt to hide the 'reefer' either. :loopy:

Too late already but it's not necessary to add yet one more problem to existing ones.

Imagine it's not too late, would you personally advocate the banning of those things for the reasons you have highlighted?

You dont know whats going on down Mexico way believe me.

A direct result of prohibition, leaving massive profits for criminals who'd rather keep on making massive profits.

Not a million miles away from the prohibition of alcohol in the 20's and the resultant fallout, but this experiment as been allowed to run for decades. That is truely shameful.

I think it's odd that every example you site as a reason for prohibition is as a direct result of that same prohibition, now that truely does make no logical sense.

How silly of me. Expecting an answer that isn't cut and paste.

Well i havn't got firsthand knowledge so i can only go on what i read.:)

I have heard details from others of course and things that have been alluded to,but some suggested long term effects have not been fully proven yet,studies are still going on.

Archived