Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

The only rubbish being spouted on here is by people like you who thnik legalizing drugs is okay.

By all means treat and rehabilitate the addicts. Why not? Those of us who still believe in self responsibility are already paying enough taxes to fund a hundred other government social programs. Why not a few millions more for society's lame ducks?

That's no reason to make drugs freely available to the rest of the population. I never want to see outlets where cannabis, heroin or whatever other crap that a minority of the population indulge in made openly availabe to the rest of us.

That's no solution to anything. What is a solution is for governments to start cracking down big time of drug dealers and their runners.

Any plane detected and known to be transporting drugs across the border between Mexico and the US needs to be splashed... not forced down.. but splashed with all those aboard. Similarly with boats, sunk on sight, no survivors picked up. Dealers, pushers and couriers 30 to life in the worst maxixmum security prisons.

Anyway, that's yer lot. I've had enough of the thread. Time to move on.

Yeah, really good idea. Lets shoot down a plane from the sky. It's probably full of innocent people who have no connection with the drugs on board, but lets shoot it down anyway! Who cares where it lands?!

It's been a pleasure! Ha!

When was Ray Charles on the scene? I'm sure that it was the 50's. He was a heroin user as were a lot of the early blues musicians.

Back by unpopulatr demand

Yes they were but early blues wasnt universally popular outside of the US. In the US Blues had nowhere near the popularity of Rock and Roll and later the music of the British Invasion.

Any historian will tell you that the birth of the drug era started at about the same time.

Those who managed not get swept away into mortality in that era are now middle aged members of the establishment they so once despised, concerned about their retirement portfolios and worried about cholesterol levels.

Their legacy lives on however.

The Drug Era?

What is the Drug Era?

Are you referring to the recent (last 100 years) bonanza in synthetic drugs? Or the explosion in psychedelics use which transformed the world and spurred great advances in the late 50s and 60s.

Or the massive cultivation and export of opium from India in the 19th century, or the last 100 years of middle class psychedelic use in Brazil?

Define your terms, if you're not going to answer any of the questions or address any of the points that have been directed at you.

I asked an Historian (really). She immediately asked, "what does he mean by 'Drug Era?"

You make wild, untrue and emotive statements equating the beatles to hitler, advocating mass murder in the 'fight' against drugs, and you seem incapable of understanding or responding to any other poster who disagrees with you.

There are two dozen reasoned, well explained referenced posts that make a case for suspending the prohibition of all drugs, above this one. Can you actually address a single one and show that it is a false assumption? Because from where we're all standing it really looks like you can't.

The Drug Era?

What is the Drug Era?

Are you referring to the recent (last 100 years) bonanza in synthetic drugs? Or the explosion in psychedelics use which transformed the world and spurred great advances in the late 50s and 60s.

Or the massive cultivation and export of opium from India in the 19th century, or the last 100 years of middle class psychedelic use in Brazil?

Define your terms, if you're not going to answer any of the questions or address any of the points that have been directed at you.

I asked an Historian (really). She immediately asked, "what does he mean by 'Drug Era?"

You make wild, untrue and emotive statements equating the beatles to hitler, advocating mass murder in the 'fight' against drugs, and you seem incapable of understanding or responding to any other poster who disagrees with you.

There are two dozen reasoned, well explained referenced posts that make a case for suspending the prohibition of all drugs, above this one. Can you actually address a single one and show that it is a false assumption? Because from where we're all standing it really looks like you can't.

The hysterical worship of Hitler and the same of the Beatles and Stones is eerie in it's similarity if you intelligent enough to see it which it seems you're not. I'm not comparing the Beatles to Hitler. That's just a stupid conclusion you've jumped to. I'm comparing the hysteria and hero worship amongst the younger generations that each of those entities generated.

Ask your historian what she calls the late sixties early seventies She may have another name for it. Mention acid trips, LSD, drop out, turn on, communes, flower kids, Timothy Leary, Woodstock, bongs and head shops. A whole new culture among the young created at that time.

I hope this is getting through to you. If all this is before your time I see you're out of your depth already.

Well, let's finish off with some words from Retired Chief Constable Francis Wilkinson via http://leap.cc

So Chief Wilkinson speaks for the world does he? There are many, many more than Wilkinson who say the opposite.

The failure to win the drug war lies with governments who are too faint hearted to use the force necessary to eliminate the dealers and couriers who spread this stuff around the world. They're not invincible though. Like the Mob they could be brought down if governments got together and started to kick ass big time instead of listening to liberal minded twits who preach the opposite.

Mexican President Calderon is one who had the balls to declare war on the drug gangs. It's turned into a bloody affair but it's not unwinnable. A divison of Marines and navy Seals could change the whole situation pretty rapidly if the Mexican president were to allow them across the border to carry out operations in Mexico. He wont of course. Question of national pride and political reprecusiions and thereby lies the problem.

@ Harleyman What is so bad about letting people take drugs if they so choose without being criminalised, educating people about the risks and using the millions of dollars used to enforce silly laws and keep people in prison to raise people out of poverty and dependence?

Archived