Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

I read post 568. Actually crack and cannabis are different in the sense that many pot smokers have individual (as opposed to gang) sources for their supply and the average pot smoker wiouldn't touch Crack in a month of Sundays. He or she could probably pick up a few joints at some small bar in one of the rural areas in California. The town of Willets up around northern California's Redwood country made a livelhood from growing cannabis out in the boonies. I was personally told this by a gossipy waitress in a restaurant years ago while passing through the town. I didnt know whether to believe her or not but I think she wasn't joking when I saw the town which looked kind of depressed and jobs with decent pay hard to come by apparently. Whether the police put a stop to it or not later on I wouldn't know.

As regards Crack and PCP that is the choice of the poor in the gehtto type neighbourhoods and predominant among African-Americans. There are community activists, church groups as well as the state mandated drug education in the schools who do their best under the circumstances but those already addicted are probably doomed in the long run

Stamp it out with education and before people mess with it. The only real solution.

How can it be a solution if it doesn't work?

How can it be a solution if it doesn't work?

It will work if kids from the the very early years are thoroughly educated about the dangers of substance abuse by education while at school and also at home.

There are those who will fall by the wayside but with the programs that have been started recently will work increasingly better in keeping them away from the stuff altogether.

You cant save everybody and thats just the way it is. Ciggy packets have had warnings on them for decades but that hasn't stopped those who are determined to light one up

It will work if kids from the the very early years are thoroughly educated about the dangers of substance abuse by education while at school and also at home.

There are those who will fall by the wayside but with the programs that have been started recently will work increasingly better in keeping them away from the stuff altogether.

You cant save everybody and thats just the way it is. Ciggy packets have had warnings on them for decades but that hasn't stopped those who are determined to light one up

It would certainly be better if there was more education in schools including visits by reformed former drug users to warn them about the dangers,some of whom are allready doing that.They should be warned about the dangers of excessive alcohol too.

It would certainly be better if there was more education in schools including visits by reformed former drug users to warn them about the dangers,some of whom are allready doing that.They should be warned about the dangers of excessive alcohol too.

Drug and alcohol education are already part of most schools curriculums in the US and it falls to the parents educate their kids too. You wont keep them off drinking or smoking the odd cigarette. These things ar a rite of passage for most teens to adulthood but theyll sooner or later realize that smoking is just plain bad and moderate social drinking is the way to go. I should know. We raised two sons of our own. They loved all kinds of sports and the great outdoors and took care of themselves. Better than I did myself even.

I got bored of this same old debate ages ago, but I'm still reading bits of it..., however...

-

I recall this type of thing at school. In particular the 'JUST SAY NO' thing from Grange Hill, and more practically done was the smoking 'tests and experiments', which were done with the specific intention of putting us all off ever smoking.

What this type of education doesn't account for, and how your argument is self-defeating, is when you correctly observe this fact...

Young people are naturally curious about everything arn't they

Drug and alcohol education are already part of most schools curriculums in the US and it falls to the parents educate their kids too. You wont keep them off drinking or smoking the odd cigarette. These things ar a rite of passage for most teens to adulthood but theyll sooner or later realize that smoking is just plain bad and moderate social drinking is the way to go. I should know. We raised two sons of our own. They loved all kinds of sports and the great outdoors and took care of themselves. Better than I did myself even.

You're placing nicotine and alcohol very close in this post. They are very different drugs.

Most people (about 9 in 10) are not susceptible in any way to alcohol dependency and abuse, whereas smoking nicotine is a highly addictive drug from the word go, and therefore dependency and 'abuse' (though it's not generally described in such a manner) is extremely high.

What dangers?

I can just imagine the classroom.....

"There is no conclusive evidence that cannabis causes mental health problems and if you smoke it pure through a coolant such as ice or a vaporiser, it does vtry little physical damage to your body. It doesn't tend to make the user violent of give them delusions of grandeur that makes them feel over confident.

Cannabis users usually keep themselves to themselves and are usually harmless. In fact, cannabis is actually legal in some countries."

"Anyone think this sounds like an illegal drug?"

I read post 568. Actually crack and cannabis are different in the sense that many pot smokers have individual (as opposed to gang) sources for their supply and the average pot smoker wiouldn't touch Crack in a month of Sundays.

Correct

He or she could probably pick up a few joints at some small bar in one of the rural areas in California. The town of Willets up around northern California's Redwood country made a livelhood from growing cannabis out in the boonies. I was personally told this by a gossipy waitress in a restaurant years ago while passing through the town. I didnt know whether to believe her or not but I think she wasn't joking when I saw the town which looked kind of depressed and jobs with decent pay hard to come by apparently. Whether the police put a stop to it or not later on I wouldn't know.

No problems there

As regards Crack and PCP that is the choice of the poor in the gehtto type neighbourhoods and predominant among African-Americans. There are community activists, church groups as well as the state mandated drug education in the schools who do their best under the circumstances but those already addicted are probably doomed in the long run

Stamp it out with education and before people mess with it. The only real solution.

Do you really think that in the ghettos, drug education will win against peer pressure and gang influence? Where the result of refusing to try a substance on offer could result in a beating or worse?

It doesn't work.

with harder drugs and addiction people always look to the drugs. do you not think that there are reasons that these people want to be out of it all the time? the addictiveness only comes into play when you actually want to quit. more needs to be done to solve peoples emotional issues that make them succeptable to drug addiction.

or we should just hang them as they are week minded fools :/

You dont know the scene in the big American inner city poor areas. You're stuck in Sheffield, hardly Detroit or the south central district of Los Angeles.

Stop patronising people and answer the question you've ducked eight times now, why do you think low employment and Portugal's smaller population means more people will take drugs?

You claimed the success of the relaxation of drugs laws in Portugal cannot be replicated.

Why?

Why do you constantly ignore questions that risk exposing your prejudice and ignorance?

Archived