Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

That wouldn't be a big difference when you were discussing the legality of it would it. In fact it would be entirely circular and should be ignored.

Agree entirely, I'm just trying to establish unambiguously what Glamrocker thinks this "big difference" is.

I have no interest in intoxication,except in relation to gaining insight and understanding into the experiences other people have to endure.

I only drink wine for medicinal reasons.Its good for the heart.Taken in moderation only.The fact that it makes me feel happier is just an added bonus.

and i'm sorry your housemate stole your book from you :hihi:

Yes, it would only give you an insight into possible non-human experiences, and therefore just how widespread the phenomenon is.

Thanks, but laughing seems to undermine your sincerity :huh:

Yes, it would only give you an insight into possible non-human experiences, and therefore just how widespread the phenomenon is.

Thanks, but laughing seems to undermine your sincerity :huh:

So you doubt my sincerity,well if that is your assumption so be it.

I'm not going to attempt to convince you otherwise.I have stated my views on many other posts,and i'm not going to repeat them again.

The laughter was a response to what i presumed was a little humour on your post.I obviously got that wrong, and in that case i'm sorry i offended you.

The majority on this thread hold a different view to me,so i'm prepared for a little hostility from some,but in your case I wasn't expecting it.

I'm not going to attempt to convince you otherwise.I have stated my views on many other posts,and i'm not going to repeat them again.

The laughter was a response to what i presumed was a little humour on your post.I obviously got that wrong, and in that case i'm sorry i offended you.

The majority on this thread hold a different view to me,so i'm prepared for a little hostility from some,but in your case I wasn't expecting it.

You shouldn't have to expect ANY hostility when having an adult discussion.

Apologies, back to you, too, if my confusion in turn offended you. I was genuinely upset that a so-called friend would steal my stuff.

Onwards with what, on the whole, has been a good discussion :thumbsup:

I notice that they've looked at the old research done with LSD and alcoholics.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=lsd-helps-to-treat-alcoholism

Of 536 participants in six trials, 59% of people receiving LSD reported lower levels of alcohol misuse, compared to 38% of people who received a placebo. "We were surprised that the effect was so clear and consistent," says Krebs. She says that the problem with most studies done at that time was that there were too few participants, which limited statistical power. "But when you combine the data in a meta-analysis, we have more than 500 patients and there is definitely an effect," she says. In general, the reported benefits lasted three to six months. Their findings are published today in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.

Apologies, back to you, too, if my confusion in turn offended you. I was genuinely upset that a so-called friend would steal my stuff.

Onwards with what, on the whole, has been a good discussion :thumbsup:

Yes it stung a little i must admit,but its just been a misunderstanding,and all is well now.

:thumbsup:

Any response to post 595?

I apologise i did read your post and thought your comments were valid.I didn't think you were expecting a response from me.I'm occupied with something at the moment,but i will bring your post back up tomorrow,and will certainly reply.

Archived