Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

We are both saying that we agreed with what Russel said in the debate. I'm not really sure if there's any way to expand more on that other than quote him word for word.

Fair enough i was just curious, I missed it.

We are both saying that we agreed with what Russel said in the debate. I'm not really sure if there's any way to expand more on that other than quote him word for word.

You could summarise. Some people may not have the bandwidth to watch the video.

Apart from pasting Peter Hitchens in a return Ad Hominem, the thrust of his contribution was that criminalising users, declaring "war" on anything, especially abstract nouns and chemicals, and generally working towards a more divided, imbalanced, violent and ostracising society was obviously not going to lead to anything good.

But he put it at greater length, with more humanistic appeal and with greater natural eloquence. I was honestly surprised.

He's speaking, of course, as a recovering drug addict himself.

but you'd need a hell of a lot of poppy straw to get a decend yield. why bother, just collect the opium.

Because collecting opium is incredibly time consuming and relies on lots of cheap labour. That's why it's only ever done in poor countries.

In rich countries the opium poppies are harvested whole and the morphine and other alkaloids are extracted industrially. It's how it's done here in the UK where opium has been grown by farmers for the pharmaceutical industry for the last decade or so.

I'd imagine that opium is going to be a pretty different hit to heroin, tbh.

Not really!

Archived