Judge - I am the law and I'll do as I please.

Surely the police would be better occupied in chasing real criminals rather than a bloke with a plant in a loft...

The police would be on the dole instead, they'd be no work for them to do, unless they invented new crimes for them to police. And the judge, and the PO's, and the world would be a far nicer place!

They would have to lower taxes or find something to spend the money on, like improving the health service, building decent housing for the people, keeping parks clean and tidy etc. etc.

And the Forum's kneejerking stormtroopers of oppression come barking and frothing in their support for an unjust law which creates a huge and uneccesary amount of suffering and imposes a huge and uneccesary burden on the police and prison service.
What suffering?

People choose to commit crime. When we live in a democratic society, we have to accept that the laws are there for us to obey, even though we may not like them all.

That includes the illegal use of recreational drugs, a pastime which seems to be very important to the weak-minded and various of life's losers and low-achievers who need drugs to find fulfilment (and before you say it, numerous successful idiots as well).

I don't fully agree with every law - but that doesn't give me the right to go around breaking laws I don't warmly embrace. After all, I can think of people who are alive today only because t would be illegal to kill them.

If you choose to ignore the law on using illegal drugs, should a mugger be allowed to choose to ignore the law not to assault and rob you? Do you want a safe democracy with laws that must be obeyed, or anarchy?

What about those people who grow for themselves only, in order to avoid associating with and funding criminals?

If every dope smoker grew their own, the drug gangs would lose most of their incomes, and also most of their reasons to feud over 'territory'.

Can't we lock up people who produce and sell the Mail instead? They're a far worse threat to society. Bloody tabloidism is taking over the whole country. Tabloid press, tabloid attitudes, tabloid politics... Cameron being the MOST tabloid bugger ever. All he does is repeat Sun Says soundbites like a Rupert Murdoch glove puppet. Even worse than Bliar!

Homosexuality was a crime once. Raping your partner wasn't. That fact that something is illegal (or legal) isn't the only issue to consider.

I ask the drug stormtroopers to make a vaild argument why cannabis shouldn't be legalised. Then look at countries like Portugal which have decriminalised drugs and tell me how that is a bad thing.

Drug use, legal or otherwise is never going to go away.

Homosexuality was a crime once. Raping your partner wasn't. That fact that something is illegal (or legal) isn't the only issue to consider.

I ask the drug stormtroopers to make a vaild argument why cannabis shouldn't be legalised. Then look at countries like Portugal which have decriminalised drugs and tell me how that is a bad thing.

Drug use, legal or otherwise is never going to go away.

Nor is rape, or burglary. Let's legalise them - save a fortune on Policing, and free the rights of burglars and rapists to do what they want to do.

Nor is rape, or burglary. Let's legalise them - save a fortune on Policing, and free the rights of burglars and rapists to do what they want to do.

Rape and burglary causes harm to others.

Growing a bit of weed and smoking it in your own home without anybody knowing does not harm others.

Can you not see the difference?

If they can find a way to tax it then it will be legalised.

As it is at the moment it can be home produced and therefore defrauds the taxation system - after all if you are smoking a joint then your are not consuming the ciggys.

You are of course ok with the ciggys .. just as long as the duty has been paid of course.

Archived