Bisexuals, where do they fit in

I probably regard myself as 'polysexual'; I am generally gay, but am a transvestite and I find certain aspects of girls attractive. A lot of us male transvestites who dress as females will think in the same way, but it doesen't quite fit the commonplace 'Bisexual' assumption of a fixed 50-50 liking for males and females.

I probably regard myself as 'polysexual'; I am generally gay, but am a transvestite and I find certain aspects of girls attractive. A lot of us male transvestites who dress as females will think in the same way, but it doesen't quite fit the commonplace 'Bisexual' assumption of a fixed 50-50 liking for males and females.

The ops already scared and confused without you throwing in ladyboys-tvs & polysexual :hihi:

shims, it's entirely possible for people to identify as straight and have had same-sex encounters.

Of course. It's possibly to identify as such: it doesn't make it correct though. 'Straight' men do not desire sex with other men.

You don't get to decide other people's sexuality for them. They do.

Wrong, like most of your statements on this thread so far. I don't decide. Nor do they. The person in question will have the deepest knowledge of their own sexual desires and experiences. However, it doesn't follow that they will always be upfront or honest about it.

All this argument does is point out the limitations of the sexuality spheres. Categories fall down in the end. Human sexuality is a very broad spectrum. It makes no sense to me to suggest that someone's self-identified sexuality has to be questioned by other people because it fails to meet an objective standard.

I have no idea why some straight men are so invested in the idea that no other straight man might have had a homosexual encounter, decided it wasn't for them, and gone back to sleeping solely with women, or whatever the example might be.

Its not possible for a straight man to have sex with another man. There must be some gay tendancies. Not all bi people are 50/50 some may prefer women much more than men and only resort to shirt lifting in times of dire need. :)

Which proves some or all of the following:

1. That the sexual continuum is just that, a continuum;
  2. That some men are unable to separate sexual urges from sexual power and control;
  3. That any orifice will do, whether it's a sex worker, man, blow up doll, sheep (inflatable or real);
  4. That male sexuality is highly complex;
  5. That male sexuality is really quite simple, whatever is available to them at the time will suffice.

See here, for example:

Some people find the three general spheres or orientations -- heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual -- very limiting, because not everyone fits neatly into them, but instead, is attracted to different sexes and genders by varying degrees. For instance, a bisexual may be MOSTLY attracted to women, but sometimes attracted to men; a bisexual also may not even like the "bi" part of that term because gender isn't binary, and they are attracted to people of varied sexes and gender identities. A homosexual or heterosexual may occasionally be attracted to those of an opposite sphere, or someone's gender identity may be a bigger point of attraction than their biological sex. If that is the case for you, it does not mean you are not what you think you are. Homosexuality, heterosexuality and bisexuality are terms to generalize sexual orientation in the widest sense. Ultimately, you should choose or create whatever term makes you most comfortable and feels most true to you, or create your own if none of them seem to feel right.

There are plenty of people who, as stated in the above quote, don't wish to put themselves into one of three categories and prefer to drop the prefixes and simply refer to themselves as sexual.

Sexuality is such a broad spectrum and hetero/bi/homosexuality are just three points on that spectrum.

Archived