Do you use a coffee maker at home?

Please dont keep your coffee in the fridge or freezer its an old idea that doesnt really help your expensive coffee.

http://www.specialty-coffee-advisor.com/coffee-storage.html

Well, it works for me, kept in the original packaging with an elastic band round it!

You argue against it, then provide a link that quotes:

In my experience, if you have a quantity that can’t be consumed within 10 days to 2 weeks, freezing becomes a reasonable option.

As I'm the only coffee drinker in our house, I have found that the fresh taste survives longer. Speak as I find ;)

We have a Senseo espresso maker which is adapted with a Coffee Duck to allow my OH to have the coffee that he likes in it without paying through the nose for the bags. He uses Lavazza black espresso in it, makes a double espresso into a mug and then tops it up with hot water to make a long black coffee.

Coffee in any form makes me puke, but I'm as particular about my tea as he is about his coffee, so I indulge him :)

My partner bought M /R coffee machine. we were very pleased with it until after a few weeks it stopped working.

We rang Morphy Richards and asked if we should drop it in at their factory, they said No they would send a new one.

We received the new coffee maker and it did not work.

so after complaining again they were very good and sent a 3rd machine which worked thefew weeks and stopped working.

By this time we were wondering how many more people werein the same situation.

To console us they sent a better machine which had an attachment for frothy coffee,

We duly plugged in the machine and only the attached piece worked.

which made me ask my OH

'do you think there is an off/on switch'

and there was?

hazel

There are some proper Coffee Snobs on here :wave: Its nice to have taste but there is a point when it becomes Snobbish and avant garde . Whats up with a nice cup of Nescafe ? or being on topic some of Job Lots finest Nicaraguan badger splitter ? 4 500g bags for a quid ? taste nice .. honest !

Archived