Do you use a coffee maker at home?

There are some proper Coffee Snobs on here :wave: Its nice to have taste but there is a point when it becomes Snobbish and avant garde . Whats up with a nice cup of Nescafe ? or being on topic some of Job Lots finest Nicaraguan badger splitter ? 4 500g bags for a quid ? taste nice .. honest !

:gag: Nothing snobbish about it, most instant coffee makes me gip!

I used a cafetiere for a while but it just wasn't the same as an espresso based coffee so I did buy a machine. Using pods also means the coffee doesn't go off within a week or two of opening it. The machine is at work not home though as that's where I need my caffeine fix!

Filter coffee is ok but does tend to 'burn' and go very bitter when left on the hotplate for a while.

I use a coffee machine, it has a froth attachment to heat/froth the milk (best with semi skimmed) and it makes very nice coffee IMHO.

I like Illy and a brand called Ibiza.

Beware though, it is easy to spoil yourself. When I go in the big coffee chains or even cafe's, their coffee just doesn't cut it anymore :mad:

At least on the continent they still make good coffee.

I have a Russell Hobbs which does filter, expresso and has a steam frother. I even roast and grind my own beans but for some reason it just doesn't taste the same as from the shop. I suppose it's a bit like food - It always tastes better when somebody cooks it.

They have a Dolce Gusto coffee maker at my parents house and the coffee is so nice that I'm too scared to get one for my house. I'd end up drinking way too much coffee. You really can't compare the taste to instant coffee.

They have a Dolce Gusto coffee maker at my parents house and the coffee is so nice that I'm too scared to get one for my house. I'd end up drinking way too much coffee. You really can't compare the taste to instant coffee.

How long does the Dolce Gusto coffee maker take to make one cup of coffee ? Pretty much instant yes ?

I have a cafetiere I love a good coffee, used to always sit on the back yard with a friend many moons ago.

We would sit out on garden no matter the weather, chatting and many a times we drank so much I was on caffeine rush much to hubby's annoyance llol.

Those where the good days :)

I've got one of these and I'm not that keen, the coffee is only Luke warm, am not sure I'm making it right!

There are some proper Coffee Snobs on here :wave: Its nice to have taste but there is a point when it becomes Snobbish and avant garde . Whats up with a nice cup of Nescafe ? or being on topic some of Job Lots finest Nicaraguan badger splitter ? 4 500g bags for a quid ? taste nice .. honest !

Its all pretentious rubbish really.

Archived