Parents: Pay attention to your child's Facebook activity

Have just read something quite disturbing on facebook (via my nephews newsfeed) All i'm going to say is if you have a child aged between 12-14 then please go and invade their privacy and read what your little darlings are upto who knows what you might save them from!

Children at that age should not be on facebook. The minimum age is 16 to join facebook so they have entered false information.

Plus why are 12-14 year olds on them anyway? What happened to calling a friends house phone to see if they want to do something. Plus nearly every child have a mobile phone so thats how they should contact eachother not spending all thier time "Chatting" over Facebook

Children at that age should not be on facebook. The minimum age is 16 to join facebook so they have entered false information.

Plus why are 12-14 year olds on them anyway? What happened to calling a friends house phone to see if they want to do something. Plus nearly every child have a mobile phone so thats how they should contact eachother not spending all thier time "Chatting" over Facebook

Think u may find the age limit is now 13

Your information is wrong, Facebook itself says 'In order to be eligible to sign up for Facebook, people must be thirteen (13) years of age or older. '

However, all parents should have the sign in details to their child's accounts and should keep a regular check on them whether they like it or not. It's not always about what they get up to but what other people are trying to get them into.

The minimum age for a Facebook account is 13, not 16.

Have just read something quite disturbing on facebook (via my nephews newsfeed) All i'm going to say is if you have a child aged between 12-14 then please go and invade their privacy and read what your little darlings are upto who knows what you might save them from!

Yes I have found out stuff too, even scant remarks can give enough info to question them on things.

Plus it should be at least 16-18.

Children should not be on social networking sites, its just as bad as them playing games consoles for hours at a time. In children they get internet addictions more easy that adults, this is a growing problem as children often skip school, leave homework to play games or to go on the internet

Archived