What penalty could I receive for driving a car with no MOT?

:help:my car ran out off mot friday taken it to test center and it failed. the car is not worth doing but i just tax it. just what to no if a got stop by the bobbies what wud i get done for do i get points ur just a fine ps i do have insurance:help:

:help:my car ran out off mot friday taken it to test center and it failed. the car is not worth doing but i just tax it. just what to no if a got stop by the bobbies what wud i get done for do i get points ur just a fine ps i do have insurance:help:

You think you have insurance but if you had an accident and didn't have an mot you'd get no joy from insurance company.

Guest sibon

Yep. Driving without insurance. Driving an unroadworthy vehicle.

Of more importance is the risk that you pose to yourself and other road users. Presumably, your car failed for a fairly substantial reason if it isn't worth fixing.

You can claim the tax back if you scrap the car.

As others have said, you're uninsured without the MOT so just call a scrapper to take the car away and take the tax disk back for a refund (I think you lose one months worth but get the rest back in full).

ok thanks for all the replys not worth the risk its time for car heavan:(:(

Ring around a few scrappers, our lass scrapped an old heap a couple of years ago and the payments offered ranged from £20 to £250, so worth twenty minutes ringing round more than one.

Christ, are you drunk?

As said, you really need an MOT but if the car is taxed and insured then unless something bad happens then it probably would not get noticed. You would be screwed though if you get pulled, or even worse, had an accident.

Archived