What penalty could I receive for driving a car with no MOT?

Christ, are you drunk?

As said, you really need an MOT but if the car is taxed and insured then unless something bad happens then it probably would not get noticed. You would be screwed though if you get pulled, or even worse, had an accident.

Wouldn't the police ANPR cameras highlight the lack of MOT?

I can't believe your debating this up to be honest. The MOT is not there to inconvenience you or to give the "bobbies" something to do. Its a document to say that your car is road worthy. It's not! your car is defective and now not safe to be on the British road.

Image if you had a child ran over, the driver's breaks failed, he was told when it failed it's MOT but he thought **** it, What can the police really do?

Fix it or scrap it, but drive it even a cm and you'll be a colossal <removed>!

Guest sibon

Agreed. I expected this thread to kick of into a storm of self-righteousness. It hasn't, mostly because of the attitude of the OP.

A thread that is a credit to SF.

I apologize to the OP, Just that having owned lots of late model cars in my time, as my signature implies. I have seen many a fine automobile go and been sad about every one. I've had to let go and sometimes and it is like loosing a pet, it really is. It does make me mad when you get people don't bother because it just make me think of the times I could have got away with it back in the days before NPR cameras and all that, but didn't because I didn't want to be responsible to an accident.

Sorry for coming on too strong.

Archived