BAND/DJ/CAR help for wedding

Hi. I'm getting married Aug 2013 and need some help finding a few things.

Our venue is only 10 minutes away from our pick up point so we don't want to pay the earth for cars.

We're on a tight budget now regarding music. We would like a band, any sort really,Prefably one that can cover a broad range of songs and obviously sounds great!

Failing on the band front we need a wicked DJ! for the venue, the DJ needs to have insurance,own equipment and it must be PAT tested. The cheapest quote we have had so far is £190.

We're having a slight retro/vintage/indie theme :cool:

Any ideas for all of the above, or anything else would be much appreciated!!

Thanks very much! x

we had lauras limos for our wedding (we didnt have a limo was classic cars)

We had the kind ghost rider on here who made our CD for us hes also a DJ so try him.

We had our photos done by PHotodrew on here great photos and great price.

I am selling my wedding dress also (see post)

We had our fantastic cake (which was 24inchs) and a great price from a lady called allyson search facebook for cakes by allyson.

Hi. I'm getting married Aug 2013 and need some help finding a few things.

Our venue is only 10 minutes away from our pick up point so we don't want to pay the earth for cars.

We're on a tight budget now regarding music. We would like a band, any sort really,Prefably one that can cover a broad range of songs and obviously sounds great!

Failing on the band front we need a wicked DJ! for the venue, the DJ needs to have insurance,own equipment and it must be PAT tested. The cheapest quote we have had so far is £190.

We're having a slight retro/vintage/indie theme :cool:

Any ideas for all of the above, or anything else would be much appreciated!!

Thanks very much! x

Hi,

Can I be honest?

For a band, if any band (as in full 4/5 piece) can play for say £200, I'd be asking why. Reason being this - given the amount of equipment required (good quality stuff is what you need for your wedding), the transport, and the effort involved, any less than that and you will end up with some amateur band who aren't experienced at weddings, aren't used to what weddings involve, and you risk getting someone who sounds very amateur for your big day.

Do I have an interest in saying that? Absolutely. I won't lie. We wouldn't play a wedding for that (and weddings is primarily what we do - weddings and corporate). Ask any experienced wedding band, and they'll tell you to look at the £400-£500 mark for a decent band.

For that, you'll get a band who will turn up when you want, play what you want, and play it well. They will be experienced in playing weddings, dealing with venues and wedding co-ordinators, and will have good quality, tested and insured equipment.

The same would apply to cheap DJs.

You really do get what you pay for I have to say. Not trying to be difficult, rude or anything like it, just being honest. :)

(PS - we sound like the sort of band you want, but I won't advertise as that's not within forum rules! :) )

As what Moosey says, exacly right. this debate is awlays on-going. We charge £700 for a wedding. We arrangea meeting (if needed), bring copies of our current song list, so you can choose, you can also ask us to play certain songs if not on our list, provideing we get suitable notice. We have a 6,000w PA system (worth 8k on its own) a lighting rig thats worth 6k, we carry PL insurance to 5 million, all our equipment is PATtested and have current certificates. We also bring our own Sound engineer so that the sound is crystal clear, the clarity is right and so is the volume for your event. You want a band who has the expereince, knows how to get the crowd going, but also makes the whole day a little less stress free as you know your getting a top quality band, with equipment, who do this week in week out. Iam not in competition with Moosey or his band, and will never go cheaper than any band thats charges £200, but he is right, £200-£300 for a wedding band, you will get and in-expereince band who are not sure, and could be 'johns mate from down the pub that have a laugh and **** about on stage'.

As what Moosey says, exacly right. this debate is awlays on-going. We charge £700 for a wedding. We arrangea meeting (if needed), bring copies of our current song list, so you can choose, you can also ask us to play certain songs if not on our list, provideing we get suitable notice. We have a 6,000w PA system (worth 8k on its own) a lighting rig thats worth 6k, we carry PL insurance to 5 million, all our equipment is PATtested and have current certificates. We also bring our own Sound engineer so that the sound is crystal clear, the clarity is right and so is the volume for your event. You want a band who has the expereince, knows how to get the crowd going, but also makes the whole day a little less stress free as you know your getting a top quality band, with equipment, who do this week in week out. Iam not in competition with Moosey or his band, and will never go cheaper than any band thats charges £200, but he is right, £200-£300 for a wedding band, you will get and in-expereince band who are not sure, and could be 'johns mate from down the pub that have a laugh and **** about on stage'.

I've explained this to many people in the past :) You really do get what you pay for! :) Glad to see it's not just us that spent stupid money on lights. Our drummer is bloody obsessed! I think he wants us to be Pink Floyd.

For an inexpensive alternative to a DJ you could hire the equipment yourself and run a playlist from and ipod or laptop. I hired from these guyshttp://www.sheffieldpahire.co.uk for the misus 40th although I think we may have overdone it with the smoke machine!

I too am the obsessed lighting drummer. We have 24 par cans, although we dont use these too often, 20 Martin Pro 400s, 4 moving heads, 4 scanners, 2 acme icolors 4s, 2 icolor 3s and 4 NJD spectres..Im jst glad I dont control them no more. We dont use the wole rig for most events, we use around 8-16 martins wuth the icolor 4s to flood, the moving heads and thats it for most gigs.

Smoke machines are ok, but I prefer haze machines, get a better beam with less fluid/smoke being pumpped out. I must catch one of your public gigs Moosey.

Hi there I am getting married in four months, I have booked Balmoral Cars in sheffield, they were very good with my price because like you my venue is not far, I have also booked 24 degrees an acoustic performance and dj, trust me these guys are amazing google them, if you require any more help please feel free to get in touch xx Good Luck xx

Archived