Hillsborough school

ruzzer

By the way - my name is David Crownshaw but I think the log in name ran out of letters

Hi David, im michael Rusby, you and i were at school together,hillsboro and chaucer schools ,we used to play in the park as kids, i remember tony g and david breen.

Hi David, im michael Rusby, you and i were at school together,hillsboro and chaucer schools ,we used to play in the park as kids, i remember tony g and david breen.

I also remember coming to your house,i think it was cheadle or cannock street,you invited me to your birthday party 7 or 8 years old i think we were.also there were Alan Harper,Graham Wilson,myself and i think your older brother,was it John? and cant remember who else,i remember us having a lovely tea sandwiches,jelly blamange ,and such stuff as us kids loved(incidently i still do) we played games and your dad took us all out in his car to rivelin or somewhere.I remember that birthday party of yours with such fond memories like it was yesterday.I hope we can chat on here sometime,cheers for now David. mike rusby (ruzzer)

• 1 year later...

Hi. I am currently writing my autobiography. I went to Hillsborough Girls school from 1949 until moving to Chaucer when it opened around 1957/58. I lived on Tanfield road, Owlerton, and remember quite a few names that have been mentioned previously.

I think 5 different schools went to Chaucer, does anyone remember which they were?

Hello JAX 1,

Had friends on Tanfield Rd and Bastock Rd, we lived on Winster rd off Parkside Rd (Turtons)

Mum had friends all around there as she worked at Bassetts for many years.

Me and brothers went to Parkside and Chaucer around the same time as you.

Hi. I am currently writing my autobiography. I went to Hillsborough Girls school from 1949 until moving to Chaucer when it opened around 1957/58. I lived on Tanfield road, Owlerton, and remember quite a few names that have been mentioned previously.

I think 5 different schools went to Chaucer, does anyone remember which they were?

Parson Cross School was one.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jax1, I went to Chaucer from Philadelphia when it first opened in 1958. We may have been in the same class at some time. Could your name be Campbell or Heathcoat? If so we were also in the same class as arrodbo, 3C and then 4N.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello JAX 1,

Had friends on Tanfield Rd and Bastock Rd, we lived on Winster rd off Parkside Rd (Turtons)

Mum had friends all around there as she worked at Bassetts for many years.

Me and brothers went to Parkside and Chaucer around the same time as you.

Hi Roy, I remember you. Do you remember taking the spider off my baby brother's face as I was pushing him in his pram up Parkside road one day?

My best friend was Lynn Deakin, who lived on Grant Road. She had a cousin who lived on Dutton road, his name was Walt Macreath. He was my first boyfriend, Ahhhh, young love, so innocent and sweet. A few snogs in dark entries - all we needed at that age. I went out with Barry Bishop later. There were Mick Battles, Martin Phelan, Roger Cade, Custard (Malcolm Mckenzie). Do you ever hear from them? Can you remember any incidents, serious or silly from that era, please let me have them for the book if you can.

---------- Post added 21-03-2014 at 09:19 ----------

Hi Jax1, I went to Chaucer from Philadelphia when it first opened in 1958. We may have been in the same class at some time. Could your name be Campbell or Heathcoat? If so we were also in the same class as arrodbo, 3C and then 4N.

Are you ****** Cornthwaite, or am I thinking of my class teacher? I've forgotten your first name. And yes I'm Jacqueline Campbell. I think you were in the same class as my friend Lynn. Tell me more please.

And if any of you can remember any incidents from way back then, serious or silly please let me know for the book.

[/color]

Hello Jax1 the schools that went to Chaucer were, Philadelphia, Hillfoot.Parson Cross and us

do you remember looking for ladybirds during lunchtimes in the park with me I always got told off for being late home to eat.

I'm Jacqueline Campbell hill girl, who are you?

Hi again Jax1,

Yes, I`m Vera, we were in the same classes (3C and 4N) but I can`t remember Lynne being in ours. I can recall most of the girl`s names ...

and through my sister doing our family tree we`ve discovered that Mr Cornthwaite and his brother were distant cousins.

Do you remember hurting your finger on the sewing machine in Mrs Searle`s needlework class? She`d had to nip out for something, probably a fag, and you were larking about and making us laugh then we heard you scream. I think you had to go to hospital but not sure if it was just the nurse`s room.

Good luck with your book and perhaps you can add this little incident in more detail. Vee

Archived