Fostering question

There's a limit based upon spare rooms. If you foster older children then they need to have a room of their own, or shared with one other with permission, but if you foster a baby then they can be in your room with you.

i know you can foster when you have children but is there a limit!

There's no fixed answer. As Medusa says, it depends on the age of the children to be fostered, the ages of your children, and how much room you have. You'd need to go through an assessment to find out.

no you are not understanding my question.

I understand there are different ages of children that are fostered. that you train to foster.

I understand you need a spare room in order to foster.

But my question is do they have a max number of your own children you can have.

For example. do they think you would be able to foster a child even though you have 3 of your own? or do they think that you 'wouldnt cope' (i know cope aint the right word)

no you are not understanding my question.

I understand there are different ages of children that are fostered. that you train to foster.

I understand you need a spare room in order to foster.

But my question is do they have a max number of your own children you can have.

For example. do they think you would be able to foster a child even though you have 3 of your own? or do they think that you 'wouldnt cope' (i know cope aint the right word)

I understand the question perfectly. There isn't a set number of children that would prevent you from fostering, it depends on your circumstances, and on the stipulations of the authority you foster with as they all vary. If you gave them a quick call to check, they'll either give you an answer or tell you it depends on a variety of factors if indeed it does.

Archived