I'm Not Bothered About The Olympics. Are You?

I think it's us being all like "post modem" and that, as much as I hate the Americans for they're illegal wars and junk food obsession. They know how to get enthus'ed about their country. Hell yeh:clap:

Would you enthuse on 'Synchronised Male Strippers' though? I would have, back in the 80's :love::)

Couldn't care less, it'll probably muck up the TV schedules and will be the main topic on the news and on an awful lot of other proggrams as well.

One thing though, didn't some-one say that Sheffield with it's fantastic sporting facilities would be used as a training centre, so are teams training here?

Couldn't care less, it'll probably muck up the TV schedules and will be the main topic on the news and on an awful lot of other proggrams as well.

One thing though, didn't some-one say that Sheffield with it's fantastic sporting facilities would be used as a training centre, so are teams training here?

We only have the old Ponds Street baths :(

Waingate is being used by the sprinters for training, The athletes will have a £5 note taped to their back.

I could of sworn there was something on the local news about our diving pool being utilised and something about a running team being based in Sheffield for training purposes. However with the non event fast approaching although I've noticed things have been going on in leeds I haven't heard of anything in our city

I could of sworn there was something on the local news about our diving pool being utilised and something about a running team being based in Sheffield for training purposes. However with the non event fast approaching although I've noticed things have been going on in leeds I haven't heard of anything in our city

That's BBC Leeds for you. Sheffield only gets a mention if we beat each other up.

I know. The whole summer is going to be wrecked by peeps running around in circles and that Tory bloke Seb Coe is involved - which makes it even worse. All that money should be spent on poor peeps. Feeding them and buying them nice warm coats.

Instead, we are spending serious notes on a show for pumped up lycra wearing fit people, we all know that 90% of us on here are fat heads. We might win at shooting ducks and shoving a boat up a pond, but that's it. Even Blur are involved, it's that bad.

Will you be watching? And what boring sport?

Opines.

I Will watch the opening and closing ceremonies like most people, just to see how shameful we are (a bit like watching England play football).

Other than that I will just be watching news 24 to see if anyone bombs the thing.

I hope it goes smooth and we win something, even if it is just the drinking alcohol event (that is a real event isn't it ?).

As for the Olympic torch I hope someone fetches it near my house because with the price of my electric it may just go missing ;)

Is anything happening in Sheffield? (i.e. the use of our facilities?)

Yes, I'm going to be using the pub a lot, something that I have not done much of since the expansion of the TV channels.

The pool tables are going to get a revival from the master :D

its a cert I am not watching sports from this on every channel, I don't even like Football and Sheffield founded the modern game !

Archived