I'm Not Bothered About The Olympics. Are You?

Yes, I'm going to be using the pub a lot, something that I have not done much of since the expansion of the TV channels.

The pool tables are going to get a revival from the master :D

its a cert I am not watching sports from this on every channel, I don't even like Football and Sheffield founded the modern game !

Good stuff. If local business gets some money from this, then I'm happy that it's going ahead :)

I shall be watching... erm none of it. I might listen to the Javelin on the radio though.

Good stuff. If local business gets some money from this, then I'm happy that it's going ahead :)

I shall be watching... erm none of it. I might listen to the Javelin on the radio though.

I will listen to the rapier on the radio (similar thing ?), if its defending the UK from some sort of Iranian/North Korean Missile.

And that will be a re-run from a bunker.

...I should scrub that last statement, I mean from under a pool table :D

I can't see the point in spending 9 billion quid to watch someone jump over a stick. Even to see a lithe Lithuanian ('live' in his Lithuanian livery) run 100m only takes up 100m ... not half of (a closed down) London, however far you stretch it!

As I sagely see it ... the 'Games' would be much better suited to Sheffield at no expense ... simply get the Police helicopter to follow (and video) an errant chav legging it with an old ladies handbag down Wentworth Avenue ... across to the artificial ski slope where he makes off down the hill on a tea tray, followed by armed Police ... Chav eventually realises he's being shot at and throws the aforesaid bag as far as possible to avoid prosecution before diving headfirst into the river Don after jumping arthritically over a Police stinger, a lamp post and what's left of some stolen railings. Job done!

Not only would the Police helicopter pilots have an actual valid reason to be in the sky in their noisy wasp-like machine ... the pounds raised in live worldwide TV coverage could then be spent wisely on the rehabilitation of the Hillsborough Tree Penguins (who're having a tough double whammy time of things at the mo, due to the melting of the Stannington ice-cap and re- routing of Basset's Liquorice Allsorts waste sewers.

Sign here if you agree with me ...

Thanks for listening! :)

I take my Spacehopper dancing very seriously thank you very much :bigsmile:

Seriously though, I wouldn't pay to go to any of the events, I'm not that into it. But I will support the Olympics because I think it will be good for us. We just have to break out this attitude of "it's going to be crap so lets pretend we aren't interested, Then if it's good we we'll all jump on the bandwagon." Like we do with everything else.

For me it's not about if it's crap or not, it's just a LOT of money which could be better spent on more important things. I keep hearing people saying it will be good for us but nobody seems to be able to explain why they think this.

The problem is we are just to cynical in this country to host the Olympics. We don't deserve it!

Did any of you jump for joy when you found out we were hosting the 2012 games? No! I bet you made some sarky remark and then laugh about it. I know I did. I've actually changed and think we are the UK one of the greatest countries in the world. No matter where your born you can be British and be proud. Support your athletes they have trained hard and deserve to have the county behind them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm extremely grateful and happy to live here, but I'm not and never have been "proud" to be British, it's not an achievement it's the luck of the draw being born here. Should people be proud to be born into a rich family? Or to be born into royalty?

Waingate is being used by the sprinters for training, The athletes will have a £5 note taped to their back.

I once saw a tramp chase another tramp down Exchange Street because he'd nicked his shoes, the first tramp had taken them off to do a pedicure (picking the muck out of his toes) whilst sitting on the bench.

The most amazing thing was that tramp No.1 usually walked with a walking stick which he had to carry under his arm whilst persuing tramp No.2 to make sure that tramp No.3 didn't nick his stick.

It was far more entertaining than any Olympics, a sort of bare-foot relay hundred yards dash!

I can't see the point in spending 9 billion quid to watch someone jump over a stick. Even to see a lithe Lithuanian ('live' in his Lithuanian livery) run 100m only takes up 100m ... not half of (a closed down) London, however far you stretch it!

As I sagely see it ... the 'Games' would be much better suited to Sheffield at no expense ... simply get the Police helicopter to follow (and video) an errant chav legging it with an old ladies handbag down Wentworth Avenue ... across to the artificial ski slope where he makes off down the hill on a tea tray, followed by armed Police ... Chav eventually realises he's being shot at and throws the aforesaid bag as far as possible to avoid prosecution before diving headfirst into the river Don after jumping arthritically over a Police stinger, a lamp post and what's left of some stolen railings. Job done!

Not only would the Police helicopter pilots have an actual valid reason to be in the sky in their noisy wasp-like machine ... the pounds raised in live worldwide TV coverage could then be spent wisely on the rehabilitation of the Hillsborough Tree Penguins (who're having a tough double whammy time of things at the mo, due to the melting of the Stannington ice-cap and re- routing of Basset's Liquorice Allsorts waste sewers.

Sign here if you agree with me ...

Thanks for listening! :)

I will sign if you include power drinking in parks.

Archived