Can you sue a School?

Can you sue a school for failure of duty and incompetence and if so, how do you go about it?

Yes you can.

Its not a nice thing to have to do but it IS doable.

Dont expect much help here though (see first reply) so i recomend getting in touch with a soicitor to see where you stand.

Care to expand?

Without going into too much detail on an open forum.....

Special needs students is receiving NONE of the care outlined on her i.e.p.

School consistently failing to put into action what THEY proposed and said student actually dropping levels rather than making progress and a result on the school incompetence.

Putting said student into numerous detentions for non homework, when the school agreed to email homework home so the parent can ensure it is correct and done.

Not one set of homework has been emailed by the school yet the child is punished because of this.

Bowing whistles at students in class.

Screaming in their faces.

The list is endless!

One of the most serious failings is the school not informing the Educational Psychologist of childs diagnosis and special needs.

Can i just make it very clear now that i do NOT intend to sue for money!

I just want to stop any other child being failed by the school and if it goes to court then maybe the school will "pull their socks up" and ensure it never happens again.

Archived