Has the internet enriched your life?

I am quite new to the internet,and i'm still discovering the pleasures.

I have to it has really exceeded my expectations, though i do sometimes get frustrated at my limited computer skills, and modern technology sometimes really baffles me

There are so many positive factors though,and so much to explore.What a great tool for learning.

Young people are very lucky to have grown up with this invention that was unavailable to older generations in their early years.

It has to be said though there are some disadvantages, as i'm beginning to find out.

Has the internet enriched your life? and do you think the advantages outweigh any negatives?

Yes I do. The pros far outweigh the cons. And my life has been enriched by the many people I've met since 2001, many in person, some merely in spirit. I've learned a lot, mostly positive :)

My problem is that it's a time waster par excellence! Time diminishes to nothing online, you think you've spent 20 minutes or so and find you've actually spent 2 hours.

Yes I do. The pros far outweigh the cons. And my life has been enriched by the many people I've met since 2001, many in person, some merely in spirit. I've learned a lot, mostly positive :)

My problem is that it's a time waster par excellence! Time diminishes to nothing online, you think you've spent 20 minutes or so and find you've actually spent 2 hours.

Seconded. I've made some fabulous friends with people whose paths would just simply have never crossed with mine. I have also learned heaps and heaps; the internet is a very powerful research tool, infinite knowledge there at one's fingertips.

I agree with the time factor!!

One disadvantage for me,which is really my fault, is that i used to spend ages on the phone talking to friends and former work colleagues,now it seems to be quick emails and text messages mostly,and longer periods without personal contact.I feel i have to get that balance right.

Archived