Has the internet enriched your life?

great for dipping in and out of for information & learning

bad for anyone wanting a real life outside their home without a can of lager strapped to their fingers

How could you type like that? Mines strapped to my head. Think before you make random assertions. :rolleyes:

Would that be not be the dicussions you choose to take part in though?

I know what you mean by the stress though. I took part in some reiigous discussion threads not long ago.At one stage after posting a comment,i was faced with posts asking a barrage of questions. i attempted a reply when my broadband speed was low, as it quite often. The replies i typed were long, and for some reason i lost the page and got really irratated. I ended up posting a short reply which was not at all polite,I think i must have quite stressed at the time.

They were nearly all very nice on those threads though in spite of opposite views,but i avoid posting on those type of threads now.

Can't cope with stress,and my blood pressure rising. You have to look after your health. :hihi:

What the Docter say?

. i attempted a reply when my broadband speed was low, as it quite often. The replies i typed were long, and for some reason i lost the page and got really irratated. I ended up posting a short reply which was not at all polite,I think i must have quite stressed at the time.

Been there too. Post type your reply in word or notepad and then copy/paste onto the forum when you are ready.

It's also allowed me to maintain contact with people who have moved to all over the world and with whom I would undoubtedly have lost touch with, due to being a poor corrspondent. Not to mention the sharing of photos etc.

Through looking at the census records last Summer i managed to trace first cousins that i didn't know existed.We have spoken on the phone,and i am meeting up with two of them later in the year.They live in Wales.

What the Docter say?

The sedatives worked, i havn't been sectioned yet.:hihi:

Been there too. Post type your reply in word or notepad and then copy/paste onto the forum when you are ready.

Thankyou i will know next time.

Guest sibon

One of the things that I really like about the internet is the way that it brings me into contact with people that I disagree with. Most people are friends with people who have a similar worldview to themselves. That isn't the case on sites like this. I frequently chat (argue?:suspect:) with people who have radically different ideas to my own. I think that is great.

The Internet is like a magic book with the answer to any question you care to ask . Since my lad bought us this IPad for Christmas we also can access loads of other stuff ,the best being catch up TV which has meant we can watch when and where we like And has saved us having to replace our old analogue TV in the kitchen. The very,very best thing though is the FaceTime which means we can chat to our lad in LA when ever we want to ,for free . It makes it a little bit easier that we can see him as well as chat . Makes the distance seem not quite so bad.

Definitely positive overall. I've met loads of people, done loads of things and been loads of places due to contacts I've made on t'internet, specifically SF.

The downside nowadays is, as someone else posted, that it sucks time. I spent a week without it last week and every minute was productive and enjoyable and I'd certainly read a lot more books without the net.

Archived