Has the internet enriched your life?

I've learned about things I'm interested in and been able to share information with others who may not have found it otherwise.

If you have a question or need a quick how-to guide and are fairly adept with search queries you can often find what you need without leaving the house.

Unfortunately it's opened up an avenue for insensitive people and idiots. You've only to look on You Tube and see some of the hate and abuse that people fling at each other in the comments sections, even on clips where you wouldn't expect controversy. Too many soundbite opinions, not enough reasoning backing them up.

Often I find myself spending too much time on it and not getting real-world tasks accomplished. I generally try to keep off forums now and dislike Facebook etc.

It has been a useful conduit for a lot of what is negative as well as the positives. I have a love-hate relationship with it. If there was a button to press to make it disappear I'd be tempted. :o

Lot's of nutters on the net.

You have to be slightly unbalanced exchanging often hostile messages with strangers thousands of miles away when in other circumstances you might even like them enough to share a few beers together if you were to meet in person.

I only work part-time so have hours to spend at home - and most of it, on the computer! - so much so I have got a funny neck with being sat in the same position for ages (laptop on the chair arm!):hihi:

I do internet banking, jigsaw puzzles, shopping, research, play games, send and receive emails, and, of course................the Forum!

Brilliant! - I wouldn't know what to do with myself without my lappy!

I only work part-time so have hours to spend at home - and most of it, on the computer! - so much so I have got a funny neck with being sat in the same position for ages (laptop on the chair arm!):hihi:

I do internet banking, jigsaw puzzles, shopping, research, play games, send and receive emails, and, of course................the Forum!

Brilliant! - I wouldn't know what to do with myself without my lappy!

There is nothing like the Forum for the vast range of interests, opinions, age groups, political pursuasions and much more.

Archived