Having serious dress doubts!

The back is horrible Strix (the front is GORGEOUS.) But I've decided it isn't me, not really, and think I found "the one" yesterday. I had a moment in the shop, which I went to on my own, and am wondering about being naughty and not telling anyone except from my mum if I go for it. It's so beautiful, and so me. Should be able to get back quite a lot for the other dress as we got it really cheap in the sale. Potential buyers do not need to know this. :hihi: They will think they are getting a huge bargain, and the money lost to us will hopefully be minimal! Eeeeeeeeeek now I know how people feel when they talk about "just knowing" !!!

Leah- :D - you will have to have another project afterwards-next week you could start planning a 10 year anniversary vow renewal :hihi:

oh LittleMermaid!

im so pleased you have managed to sort out the dress woes :)

is the new 'IT' dress in the same vein as we talked about on FB? you can meesage me there and no one will know if you dont tell them...i wont either! ;)

x

I think I'm unusual in that I didn't have dress doubts, mainly because I couldn't walk into any shop and try on samples so I went straight into having a dress and coat made from a drawing and was sure from the start that the person who was making it was wonderfully capable and knew just what she was doing.

It wasn't cheap, but it was so not a wedding dress that I am glad that I went down that route rather than wearing a meringue in a colour that doesn't suit me, since I really don't suit white or ivory.

Glad that you've got your dress woes sorted out LM :)

It is it is Sophie! And thank God I've found something to suit my almost-size-14 hips :hihi: I shall be in touch v. soon ;)

Thanks Medusa-what colour did you get married in if you don't mind me asking? On a bridal website I saw someone in a bright yellow dress and it was off-the-scale gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful. It just worked!

It is it is Sophie! And thank God I've found something to suit my almost-size-14 hips :hihi: I shall be in touch v. soon ;)

Thanks Medusa-what colour did you get married in if you don't mind me asking? On a bridal website I saw someone in a bright yellow dress and it was off-the-scale gorgeous. Absolutely beautiful. It just worked!

I wore a lovely wedgewood blue silk corset and skirt with a full length hunting coat with big turnback cuffs and a train in a matching jacquard silk fabric which had gold thread running through the piping and big gold buttons on it. My bridesmaids and groom wore midnight blue, with big crushed velvet wraps for the ladies since it was February and they were in evening wear (we got them lovely Liz Claiborne slinky evening dresses).

Everything was highlighted in gold and we had daffodils by the thousand in flowers, corsages and buttonholes, then in big terracotta pots on stands and little pots of growing bulbs as place settings. The yellow of the daffodils was set off with dark blue irises and lots and lots of candles. It was February and I wanted some colour in everything :)

As I have said many times, lovely wedding, shame about the marriage :(

fabulous! :D

@medusa...that sounds wonderful, at least you have those happy memories even if the rest wasnt as rosey :(

x

Apparently my huge dress was beautiful, I don't see it myself :hihi: Thank God for the bustle hook I had put on, as if I had to drag it around all night I wouldn't be pleased!

My hoop kept slightly slipping down too, and I kept standing on it :lol: and everyone seemed inclined to hold my train at the back for me like they were doing me a favour, but all that did was pull the dress in at the front and make me trip up!

Dress wobbles are totally normal LM - glad you got sorted though!

I have 2 and half months ish left - and having wobbles, but I know they are unfounded (and certain its because I get so controlly and with a list of things to do, I have yet to stand still, in the dress for long enough for anyone to take decent pictures of me in it!

So as a tip - next time you try it on, take a deep breath, don't feel rushed, think serene and beautiful thoughts and get someone to spend 5 minutes where all you do is have you photo taken in it from all angles!

Archived