Any BrazilianJJ in sheffield?

want2learn

Ah!

I know the place and the instructor you mean. Had a look in to him myself but couldn't find anything too. So I went down with my old instructor before he moved away. At the time my instructor was a very talented blue belt (now purple) and when they rolled(fought) time ran out before anyone won.

My assessment was that having seen black belts fight before he should have handed him his arse on a plate! Belive me he wasn't playing too, he was trying.

Nice guy as far as I could tell but not very convincing on the mat.

ps hi crayfish!!

Cool!

I've been out to L.A. training. Trained with Royce and Rorion Gracie out there as well as Rigan and Roger Machado all top guys and opens your eyes abit!

To be fair it pushed me to train more with high grades in this country and as regular as I could. This is usually a brown belt one a week and a black belt one a month.

Originally posted by want2learn

Looking for BJJ in Sheffield, any help?

I have done a search but keep coming up with some McDojo, I want proper BJJ!

There's also a Royce Gracie Jiu Jitsu Network club that in Dronfield (about 1 mile o/s Sheffield). Training is on Monday evenings, 8:15-9:45, Upper Movement Hall, Henry Fanshaw School. If you search this forum, you'll find that there has been quite a lot of discussion re: BJJ and martial arts recently.

Personally, i can't receommend the Royce Gracie club highly enough

:clap:

the comments about Nilson Lopes are interesting. My introduction to BJJ was with him, and he presented as a really nice guy. He said that he'd got his blackbelt in about 4 years (i think), and had virtually lived in the dojo to do this (still pretty good going though)!. I've since heard several people, how can i put this, 'ask' about his credentials...i've also overheard a well-known Sheffield MMA fighter say that he spent as much time training with Nilson as he could...:confused:

I heard that story TrueBJJ, apparently the blue belt swept the black at will and had him in a submission when time was called.

I also heard he was tapped by a blue belt in cambridge.

Anvil, tell me about the royce club how ofter is royce there? who's the instructor, how long has he been training etc. I've met Royce before in the States and I know he's a busy guy how often does he make it over and how much are the classes?

TrueBJJ, who are the black and brown belts you train with?

hi there,

i train & i help out with the coaching at royce gracie yorkshire derbyshire,the head coach is royce he comes over about twice a year,the coach is steve marsden he's a blue belt 2 strip & last but not least me-assistant coach mark"the monkey"bottom i'm a blue belt.:D we train on a monday & wednessday.

mon- 8.00-9.45 at dronfield school(franshaw site) upstairs of the upper movement hall(light brown building near top of slope) green lane,dronfield s18.

call steve on 07879662251 for any more info

wed-7.15-10.15 at graves tennis & leisure center (go to the badminton court area we'll be in the changing rooms)

call mark 0n 07939972758 for any more info

frist lesson free after that classes are £5.00 on mon & £6.00 on wed(it's only £1.00 for the extra hour & 15 mins)

we are a friendly bunch & welcome new comers,we have a wide group of body types & abilities:clap:

royce should be up in feb 2006 :heyhey: i carn't wait to train with him again.

hope this answers everthing for you.

p.s. thanx 4 the interest :thumbsup:

Archived