Any BrazilianJJ in sheffield?

want2learn

Originally posted by want2learn

i have seen the light and am gonna take up wing chun, who needs grappling when you have anti-grappling. the floor isnt the place to be i a streetfight so wing chun all the way baby!!

Can't beat a good combination of Muay Thai and BJJ.

Just about every single cage/UFC fighter uses the 2 of them over anything else.

Can't say I know much about Wing Chun.. But I can't see a little chop to the arm will beat a knee to the skull or a ground and pound battering :)

a fist wouldnt fit in your eye socket so wouldnt cause much damage to the actual eye ball but significant damage to the surrounding area.

a finger strike would cause great damage to the eyeball but have to be greatly accurate to avoid damaging your fingers.

:help: you thought i was serious

bjj4life baby

Originally posted by want2learn

a finger strike would cause great damage to the eyeball but have to be greatly accurate to avoid damaging your fingers.

Position, then push. Also depends on how much you've conditioned yourself for striking like this. As I've posted before, Takamatsu conditioned his fingers so much his fingernails were 4mm thick.

Not knocking BJJ, would like to give it a try at some point. Just pointing out that there was more to other styles than "a little chop to the arm" from the Gazb post.

I've heard this about his fingernails before... someone showed me an old photo once, seemed pretty impressive.

Um... what sort of training gives you thick fingernails though? I train fairly regularly and have experienced no fingernail thickening to speak of.

Archived