Cannot find on 1901 census

Looking for my mums mum, my grandma on the 1901 census and she is nowhere to be found, i do not have any relatives alive who can help me her name is Frances Christina Knight b 27 oct 1896 in pitsmoor.

I do not know how many children she had it was at least 4 she married Frank Simpson a warrant officer in the Royal Engineers, no idea when or where, i have tried all kinds of wildcards to find her but to no avail.

We used to do some transcribing for the sheffield family history society and no one there could help either.

Thank you all for that info, Duffems has located school records for 4 children, Frank Knight DoB 21 Jun 1917

May Frances Simpson DoB 16 Oct 1918

Albert Simpson DoB 22 Jun 1924

Lily Simpson DoB 11 May 1930

One of the 2 missing should be Annie but not sure of the other one, if anyone could enlighten me i would be very grateful.

paul

One of the 2 missing should be Annie but not sure of the other one..l
Looking in the index for Simpson children with the mother's maiden name given as Knight, apart from Albert and Lily there are birth records in Ecclesall Bierlow for Annie (Jan-Mar 1922), George F. (Apr-Jun 1923) and Samuel (Jun-Sep 1925). There is also a Sheffield entry for Irene (Oct-Dec 1920).

Archived