Does anyone pay for sky protect?

Don't bother with it.

If you ever get any issues with SKy kit, just ring them and tell them. Ask them for a new box (or in my case broadband router). When they say that will be £35 say no. Ask to be put through to cancellations department. You will then be pleased to find that they will provide you with new kit free of charge as a 'good will' gesture.

Good advice. Son in law same he got a new box . We did it .

If your box fails and its out of warranty just give Sky a ring and give them a sob story about having to regretfully cancel your subscription because your box is broke, they'll ship out another FOC.

Would Sky ever call your bluff?

I am paying an extra £9.50 a month to protect the equipment and if anything goes wrong... after reading quite a few negatives on various forums about this " insurance".. I am wondering whether to gamble and cancel as that on top of my monthly sky subscription is making it expensive!

It's pointless, last time our remote broke i just rang them up[ and asked them for a new one, they sent one out no questions asked.

Have to disagree I am one of the few to have actually benefited from this a tree in a nieghbours property has been a constant problem SKY engineers have been out at least 4 times for my weak signal and lack of programmes because of it I have had 2 boxes new cables and a they have resighted realigned my dish 3 times they have now had to extend it on a stainless pole to the limit allowed before planning permission, all visits and work and materials covered. I asked the installer last time and he reckoned that the last visit would be charged back to SKY for around £400 + vat

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, and have actually benefitted from the insurance, but isnt that the same with all insurances? The minority benefit at the expense of the majority

Have to disagree I am one of the few to have actually benefited from this a tree in a nieghbours property has been a constant problem SKY engineers have been out at least 4 times for my weak signal and lack of programmes because of it I have had 2 boxes new cables and a they have resighted realigned my dish 3 times they have now had to extend it on a stainless pole to the limit allowed before planning permission, all visits and work and materials covered. I asked the installer last time and he reckoned that the last visit would be charged back to SKY for around £400 + vat

I guess I am one of the lucky ones, and have actually benefitted from the insurance, but isnt that the same with all insurances? The minority benefit at the expense of the majority

Fair does there, can't argue with that actually.

and you bet I'll be one of those that happens to as soon as its cancelled!:roll:

Archived