Released Prisoners to be forced straight onto Work Programme

Far more people are incarcerated for violence, drug use, sexual crime and motoring offences (55,000 offenders) than for robbery, theft or fraud (25,000 offenders) in this country- these offences don't provide income, yet you think that all offenders make a living from their crimes and will go straight back to it. You're wrong, you're dead wrong and most offenders will soon have no choice but to go into slavery when they leave prison.

The A4e type companies involved and any possibility of actual jobs being lost are both valid reasons to question aspects of the workfare scheme.

This rubbish that someone doing a few weeks work experience while recieving very generous benefits is a "slave" is however just silly.

So, if the soon to be released prisoners don't meet the certain opt out criteria, do they have to do something else as well (in this proposal)?

Show me where the opt-out criteria are. Remember, benefit claims are effectively an opt-in before you answer.

Thanks.

Bailout, what's been going on for the last decade with these scams by the likes of A4E.

And yes, trying something fairly sensible is better than doing nothing but whining on... And the cost difference...?

How about we aim for a new type of economy that isn't so crisis prone that it is occasionally desirable for some grotesque human beings to enslave others in order to keep the whole shambles going?

That seems emminently sensible to me...

The A4e type companies involved and any possibility of actual jobs being lost are both valid reasons to question aspects of the workfare scheme.

This rubbish that someone doing a few weeks work experience while recieving very generous benefits is a "slave" is however just silly.

slavery [ˈsleɪvərɪ]

n

1. (Law) the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune

2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work

Some work programme placements can be indefinite - look at what is being lined up for chronically sick people and disabled people

How about we aim for a new type of economy that isn't so crisis prone that it is occasionally desirable for some grotesque human beings to enslave others in order to keep the whole shambles going?

That seems emminently sensible to me...

I don't know if this is supposed to save the economy (I ain't said it's supposed to), rather help ex-offenders into "normal" life and give them an alternative to a life of crime.

slavery [ˈsleɪvərɪ]

n

1. (Law) the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune

2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work

So what is the FORCE here? Isn't it more of a carrot and stick thing! Their not going to be beaten or killed if they don't want to try and fit into civilised society.

Read back through the thread, you know, the bits between me and you already!

I know what's in the thread. Just provide a link to somewhere that provides a definition of the opt-out from the automatic but non-compulsory sentence extension you've spent 6 pages trying to describe

I know what's in the thread. Just provide a link to somewhere that provides a definition of the opt-out from the automatic but non-compulsory sentence extension you've spent 6 pages trying to describe

It's you who has proved (said) that it's not compulsory! ? Doh!

Archived