Released Prisoners to be forced straight onto Work Programme

This is about integration and getting them back into society, providing the opportunity to move away from being a second class citizen. If they don't like the shame then they shouldn't do the crime...

I'm sure if a released prisoner wanted to move on, humiliating them would not help.

Is work really humiliating?

Working for nothing is.

Would you prefer to live next to a released criminal who does nothing except crime, or an ex-con, who is now in gainful employment after a short stint of community service type work (and now has no stigma attached)?

I'd rather not know if my neighbour has been released from a prison and form my opinion from the guys actions not my prejudices, there are many extremely dubious characters about that have not been through the system just as there are many relatively decent people who have fallen foul of the law.

I'm sure if a released prisoner wanted to move on, humiliating them would not help.

It's not exactly humiliating, either way it's moot because they gave up those rights when they committed their crime!

Working for nothing is.

We'd be paying them benefits wouldn't we. Also they are working towards a valuable work reference.

I'd rather not know if my neighbour has been released from a prison and form my opinion from the guys actions not my prejudices, there are many extremely dubious characters about that have not been through the system just as there are many relatively decent people who have fallen foul of the law.

Does the same apply to not knowing about politicians, teachers, etc?

Yeah, your dubious character has slipped through this perfect world we live in, hmmm, maybe that's why they are a criminal in the first place!

I thought once they'd served their sentences they were free to do whatever they wanted, they may even return to their wives/partners at home until they can find work for themselves

This is an amendment to the way sentencing works, since the system isn't really working at the moment.

Archived